Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

High fence?

KSQ2

PMA Member
Interesting discussion on Kansas Bowhunter Conference:

""Have you ever heard of the Diamond Springs Ranch near Atchison, KS? I heard of a guy who bought 80 acres in the middle of the ranch a couple of years ago. DSR is now mad and thinks that the new owners are going to shoot all the deer and ruin their outfitting business. DSR has bulldozed an 50 ft swath of trees surrounding the 80 and is currently constructing an 8 ft tall fence around the property. DSR owns everything around the 80 (all four sides) except the 20 ft wide access road into the property. Can they do this? Can you totally fence someones property off? Are there any game laws against this?

Some nice deer have came off this ranch. www.diamondspringsranch.com ""

I think I'd be just little ticked...
smirk.gif

wow seems completely unethical, But how could you stop them from doing it on their land??

I like how they say "We are not Outfitters" but all of our 07 hunts are booked.
confused.gif
Are they not accepting money for hunting?

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like DSR should have bought the 80....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, must be more to the story...

Why would they sell 80 or not buy the 80 acres in the middle of their place in the first place?

WOW... That is some serious action against the 80 in the middle. 1/2 by 1/4 of 12foot chainlink + cost of cutting the swath = some serious Money. DSR must feel its important to spend serious cash on something like that.

Dean

The only explanation for this is that the guy that bought the 80 was a Jayhawk fan.

Top Bottom