Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Home archery range

arm

Leg
I upgraded sights and changed head weight and have been shooting a lot recently. I guess I forgot how much fun it is just to shoot. I've almost never shot over any significant distance but it is fun and chance of missing the little block target is greater...as I've found. I'm looking at putting in a "range" and a stationary backdrop arrow stopper. Any ideas? I'm leaning towards a piece of carpet. I've seen a pile of old cloths and have shot into that before and really found it hard to get the arrow out. Any one have pictures of their home range?

I just stacked two block style targets that are shot up and 3 old inserts that I set on top to use as a back stop. I have a 3d deer target so it works good if I miss low or high. It works pretty good, you have to miss pretty bad to lose an arrow. I practice out to 50 yards and it has work for me. At some 3d shoots I have seen a blanket type thing that is used for a backstop, I think it is specially made for archery.

You can build a frame out of 1x12 and make as big as you wish (on 1 side cut a 18x6 in square out to use later). Neighbors is 4ftx4ft. Then cover with chicken wire. On each of the open sides you put down a piece of cardboard to cover. Wrap the whole thing in shrink wrap. When done go back to your 18x6 in square and stuff with shrink wrap that's balled up. Works great.

I have a double layer of the Styrofoam they use over foundations as a just in case measure. Be forewarned tho it will melt to the shaft haha. Cleans off easily but may not wanna take the chance with the good arrows. I rarely ever miss the block even at 40 but have it for safety just In case

• Deleted by wapsi-bottom-BP
Show…
Horse mats. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/utility-rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-3-ft

I draw at 60 lbs and they stop my arrows pretty well. Can be a pain to pull your arrows out tho. Just don't miss :)

Brian
Very much the logical solution is to not miss lol. I've been to some ranges before where there are rubber mats hanging everywhere with tips and broken arrows in them, I'm guessing because they are for stopping and not reusing arrows. I think my best solution is to just have the target at base of an incline, like hitting into the side of a hill

Top Bottom