Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Home made blinds

iowavf

Didn't want to hi jack the other thread with the nice blind so I was curious as to what type of home made blinds others have? I had a smaller one I could load in my truck and move but decided to make a bigger one. Used insulated window panels they were throwing away at work and they were already painted tan. Slider windows I found on sale at Menards and decided to make the door in the floor which helps to keep it water tight and pretty warm. The U shaped brackets below the windows is where I slide the 12" x 12" orange squares during shotgun season.

Last edited:
Looking good! Got a couple like that myself. Just need a little Buddy heater & you're all set.
yep had one now for several years, even made a metal stand that sets over the top to hold a small skillet to have hot food. Those are 2" hard foam panels with metal skins on both side made to replace windows so they're insulated plenty.

Nice looking blind what's the demensions on it? We made one 8x8 and it's nice because u can fit 4 people in it...nice during youth season! But when hunting by yourself you can't see as well from side to side because of window height! Looks like a well built blind you have!!

Iowavf....curious to see the blind you had that fit in the back of your truck! Sounds like that might be nice for a few locations I have to hunt!!

Great looking like the floor door idea. I would do screw in anchors the steel post will pull out in mud in a spring storm.

I'll post a couple pics of the old blind tommorow. The inside of this was dictated by the panels and is just a little over 4x4 ft on the inside. If you look close you can see the V shaped cables which are attached to a 3 ft screw in anchor like they use on trailer houses. I added the post with wire because I tend to over engeneer everything.

Iowavf....curious to see the blind you had that fit in the back of your truck! Sounds like that might be nice for a few locations I have to hunt!!
It's just wide enough to fit between the fender wells and the board on the front is about the same height as my tailgate and acts as a pivot to keep the blind from sliding when loading it. I could load and unload by myself. It was based off the way our one man lift is made at work with a round pipe for the pivot, as soon as it hits the tailgate, the blind tips into the back. Plexiglas sliding windows which leak a little but not bad, no insulation but I wrapped the frame in that thin house wrap material then covered in plywood, it really helped to keep the wind and rain out.

I like that alot!! U could possibly make it taller and do the same way of tipping it into the box of your truck!
ya I think you could but it might get a little top heavy to get out of the truck. I can stand on the legs a rock it a couple times and it will come over. Once I get it moving it loads the same way. If you used lighter material of some kind it would be easier. I used what we had laying around.

Top Bottom