Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hornets Nest

Freeze warning tonight. Get out there about midnight and cut it down. Bees can't see in the dark.
But, they aren't bees, and from what I read, hornets actually can navigate in the dark.
No matter, I'm going to get my beauty sleep tonight, skip hunting in the morning, and in the morning go get it... :D

Nest is in my possession and hanging in the building. I'll leave the bags on it until after next week when temps will certainly kill any survivors, then remove them and enjoy one of natures works of art.

Nest is in my possession and hanging in the building. I'll leave the bags on it until after next week when temps will certainly kill any survivors, then remove them and enjoy one of natures works of art.

Damn. Errr uhhhh I mean good for you.

Muddy was working on some sort of holder for a bottle of Makers on the end of a ladder. His plan was kind of like a stick and a carrot. He was going to trick me into coming down there, show me the ladder extended up next to the nest with the Makers on the top rung and let nature take its course.

I trust that no hornets were injured in the making of this thread? Hornet lives matter.

Damn. Errr uhhhh I mean good for you.

Muddy was working on some sort of holder for a bottle of Makers on the end of a ladder. His plan was kind of like a stick and a carrot. He was going to trick me into coming down there, show me the ladder extended up next to the nest with the Makers on the top rung and let nature take its course.

I trust that no hornets were injured in the making of this thread? Hornet lives matter.
Unless they were murder Hornets, then kudos.

I think the hornets must have already met their fate. None were witnessed either this morning upon capture, of this afternoon where temps warmed into the 50s as their home was encapsulated by 2 plastic bags..
I learned allot about hornets thru this semi ordeal (for me)... How they make their nest, what their cycle of life is, how far they will chase you,,,, all quite interesting...
Thanks for following along and offering your infinite wisdom. And some, well, for just following along:rolleyes:

Top Bottom