Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hot Shot is down for the count!

IowaBuckMen

Iowa Buck Men Co Founder
I had been getting pictures of this buck for the past couple weeks. He would walk by my camera and just stare at the red glow and pose. That's where he got his name hot shot.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My biggest buck up to date. Passed up alot of nice 130-140s this year. Starting thursday night I saw a total of 18 different bucks up until saturday evening. Just about every one we saw was chasing a doe and grunting. I got alot of good footage.

I apologize for the long read.

I had been getting alot of trail cam pictures of this guy and was getting all excited about him but they were all night time photos. I had also been chasing this really nice 150 inch 8 pointer. Nice wide deer. But he just wouldnt get close enough through the season. Thursday evening started out with three does coming out, couple small bucks coming out, and then a decent 120ish buck came out and started chasing those does around. Then I did see anything for awhile and it was about a half hour or so till sunset so I still had a little while for shooting. I look to my right and theres a nice 9 pointer that came in. I bleated at him, grabbed my bow, got the camera on and the closer he came to me the smaller he got. He was still a nice respectful deer but he wasn't what I was after. He walked under my stand and he spooked a little so I went ahead and shut the camera off. I looked back to where this 9 pointer came from and this buck came walking in the same path the 9 went. I got a glimpse of him, saw he was a nice deer. Then he stopped and started staring at me. It happend so fast that I thought he was the big 8 pointer I was chasing. I said heck with the camera, I slowly grabbed my bow (as he was looking at me). It was a do or die situation. As hes staring at me, I slowly pull back. I just get ready to shoot when I feel my upper came hitting the branch I hang my bow on. So im glad I didn't shoot there. I crouch down a little bit, and let the arrow fly. Smoked him. Ran 50ish yards and dropped dead against a tree.

Heck of a hunt!!

Nov1_006.jpg

Nov1_015.jpg

Nov1_005.jpg

Nov1_011.jpg

Really? I was thinking total opposite. I thought he looked bigger in the trail camera pictures.

He came out scoring 160 1/8. I rounded down on alot of the measurements just to make dang sure.

Top Bottom