Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

House File 2004

I believe that the youth deer tag works pretty much the same way. I don't have a problem with a youth turkey tag being treated the same. Some years the youth season may be a little early for best gobbling anyway. Cut youth all the slack we can.

Turkey hunting may be the best way for a dad and son (parent/youth) to hunt in combination. The adult can call in the blind and the youth hunter is ready for the action.

Bring the video camera with and have fun!!

Turkey hunting may be the best way for a dad and son (parent/youth) to hunt in combination. The adult can call in the blind and the youth hunter is ready for the action.

Bring the video camera with and have fun!!

Can't agree more.
Everyone let your people in Des Moines know that you
are in favor of it.

Wish they'd have made that change a long time ago, but it would definitely be a good idea.

NWBuck

Great idea for sure! The original 3 day youth season sure made it tough to get much time in, without taking the annual sick day from school, opening day Friday.

I don't have a problem with the bill and I hope it passes, BUT I have to confess that this bill reminded me of some youth sports where scores aren't kept and everybody gets a participatory ribbon. It's OK if Dick and Jane don't get the assignment done in the time allotted, we'll give you extra time so you don't feel bad.

Again, I hope this bill passes but it struck a chord with me.

I don't have a problem with the bill and I hope it passes, BUT I have to confess that this bill reminded me of some youth sports where scores aren't kept and everybody gets a participatory ribbon. It's OK if Dick and Jane don't get the assignment done in the time allotted, we'll give you extra time so you don't feel bad.

Again, I hope this bill passes but it struck a chord with me.

Season are there for a reason. Put your time in and invest in what is available. IMO

With that said it would be great for the youth hunters.

They are the future, and if they get a bad weekend of youth season due to poor weather or low activity, it would be unfortunate for them to get turned away/lose interest from turkey hunting for the years to follow. Just my opinion.

I hope kids can use their youth tag all season. Last yr my daughter and I didnt close the deal during youth and it would've been nice if she could use her tag through the regular season. .

I hope it passes. I think they should be able to use it during the season like the youth deer tags if they dont get them filled during the youth season.

They are the future, and if they get a bad weekend of youth season due to poor weather or low activity, it would be unfortunate for them to get turned away/lose interest from turkey hunting for the years to follow. Just my opinion.

I agree! Youth season weather can really suck! And birds can still be grouped up and not coming to calls! It's hard to run and gun with a kid.

Top Bottom