Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How bout them CYCLONES!!!

They looked pretty darn good. I'm a Hawks fan, but they made too many mistakes. Defensive line looked gassed, secondary was sketchy most of the game. I disagree with the not trying to score with 1:12 and two timeouts, but KF wanted overtime and he got it. ISU looked pretty good. No picks, Jantz looked very impressive, and their O-Line was either really good, or the Hawks D-Line is horrible.

Jantz looked pretty good i thought. D Line for the hawks looked as bad as they possibly could have. Credit to ISU. Outplayed Iowa without a doubt.

3 missed kicks, atleast 9 penalties, atleast 3 turnovers, and STILL won the game!

huge mistake not trying to win it in regulation. overtime is too much of a crap shoot. i think it was just a lack of respect for ISU on kirk's part.

Awesome! Finally some bragging rights - now lets hope the Mayor pulls it off in BBall as well.

3 missed kicks, atleast 9 penalties, atleast 3 turnovers, and STILL won the game!

huge mistake not trying to win it in regulation. overtime is too much of a crap shoot. i think it was just a lack of respect for ISU on kirk's part.
It's not just ISU he does it against. He does it time and time again. Someday he will find his sack, because it is frustrating watching him never put the final nail in the coffin, or go for the throat, or try to win a game when the opportunity arises.

I just got back from Ames.Wow,what a long day.Sure was a great time though.
Fun game to watch.Glad the cyclones won.Jantz is a special qb and should make
them very competive this year.
I expect the Hawks to shore a few things up and have a good season.

Baby brother has to win once in a while or else it wouldn't be any fun
:)

But seriously ISU outplayed Iowa, no doubt. IMO the game plan Iowa had sucked, Kirk got outcoached big time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using IW

YEAH CLONES !!!!!!!
I was just on the Iowa sportsman forum & the admin/mods shut down all the football talk...what a joke...must be hawk fans lol

Those guys on the IO forum shut a few threads before the game too. Said cuz it wasn't related to the outdoors. Like half the things over there have to do with the outdoors.

I just got back from Ames.Wow,what a long day.Sure was a great time though.
Fun game to watch.Glad the cyclones won.Jantz is a special qb and should make
them very competive this year.
I expect the Hawks to shore a few things up and have a good season.
:way:awesome response couldn't agree more

Scheduling high school teams for the 1st game of the season doesn't always have it's advantages. I don't think they were prepared for the speed of the game. The defense looked 1 step behind the pace all day. Ferrentz reminds me of Bill Belichick, except Bill wins when he should.

Great game and as a life long ISU fan I am very happy about the outcome. I dont care who you were routing for, you have to admit this game was great for the CyHawk series and great for the state of Iowa. Lots of highlight coverage on a national level! All I have to say to Iowa is please beat the living snot out of those D-bags in Lincoln this year. I will be routing for the hawks more than I ever have my who life in that game! To ISU fans, be gracious winners because 1. It only makes the Clones look better if Iowa has a good season. 2. We have to go back to Iowa City next year. It hasnt exactly been a friendly place for ISU that last few trips. Congrats to Paul Rhoads on his first win in the cyhawk series, now go get UCONN!

It's not just ISU he does it against. He does it time and time again. Someday he will find his sack, because it is frustrating watching him never put the final nail in the coffin, or go for the throat, or try to win a game when the opportunity arises.

Are you talkin about Ferentz or Dan McCarney!? hahaha

Go cyclones!!

Top Bottom