Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how did you get it?

Mine is one that came to me one day while hunting with my son. He shot his first deer and was so excited!, I was even more excited than he was. Every time i watch the recovery video of that deer, i remember why i hunt, and hopefully my son one day will teach his children the same way. I know that i am forever greatfull to my father for teaching me this great sport, not even that but spending the time with me was worth more than he'll ever know! To tell you the truth I would rather my son shoot a big buck than me. No joke.

Mine is probably pretty misleading.. although I am a veteran, I never did airassault.. I actually derived the name from 'hunting from a treestand above'.. I've had like two other names on this site from a long time ago but couldn't log on with them anymore

When I first started bow hunting it was all I could think about, I was working around this old boy who called me the Bowdude.
Who knows maybe he had been watching "The Big Lebowski".

So I guess the name stuck for a while, have had it ever since I have been on the site.

High school nickname given to me by the sports writer of our hometown paper and my football number in high school and college.

Nickname from my old paramedic days. Due to the statute of limitations it would be best for me not to share exactly how I got it 30+ years ago.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
First year bow hunting(second year hunting), knowing next to nothing about it and shooting a 140in 10pt= rookie10pt:)

Mine should be pretty self-evident. Although, on a couple of local forums down here, I am "IA Born" because I'm proud of my heritage!

my nickname has been moose my entire life...you'll have that with a last name Musfeldt (pronounced moose-felt). Moose wasn't available when i joined, so i added the first letter of my name, Justin.

I wanna hear from that "Hide-the-Hippe" dude or whatever?!?!

Hide comes from "Hides" which is my favorite place to deer hunt. The guy who used to live up near the woods a long time ago had a last name of "Hide". So we just named the woods Hides and it stuck. I have shot my first ever buck up at Hides along with my first ever bow harvest of a doe a couple years ago.

Hippy comes from "The Hippies". The Hippies is my favorite place to turkey hunt...which is just right across the road from Hides. But how the woods got it's name "The Hippies" is kinda a funny story....

So years ago, like 15 years ago, when I was a young tot, this guy bought a woods that butted up right next to the land we hunt. Anyway, the guy is one of the nicest guys I have ever meet. But he built this small shack house, which had no electricity, and there was no bathroom in the house. That was because there was an out house behind the shack. Anyway, my grandfather one day went up to talk to him and welcome him to the area. Now, behind his house is a little stream that follows down the hill. Well, my grandfather got to the shack only to realize the guy was standing naked in the stream, with a few other men and women...that were also naked. Needless to stay, they were also "high on life" ---if you get what I mean---. Well, that was the end of that and my grandfather got out of there pretty fast. So that is how the woods became to be "The Hippies". :way:

Mine comes way back when my wife and I first got married, was just trying to keep food on the table and keep my family fed. Still do it til this day.

Top Bottom