Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many bucks are poached ...

They must be assuming that every family member lives in Iowa. Not many average people would spend 500 dollars to shoot a doe with their family members.

Could be, IDK. The whole thing seemed like a token sort of affair anyway. As far as I'm concerned they could scrap it.

Sofakingfast 1 when you lived in Iowa you were all about trying to harvest a good deer here in Iowa. You even posted how excited you were when you saw a good deer. Then you moved across the river Illinois. That move I believe you said was 7 miles. You gave up your Iowa residency. Then you discovered how much it would cost for a doe tag, you could only get an anysex every three years. You then pissed and moaned because it cost you a fortune to hunt with your grandpa who only lives 7 miles away. All you wanted to do was hang out with your friends and have a good time but the state of Iowa is now screwing you because you chose not to drive those extra 7 miles to work every day and so on and so on. Then you got all pissed because all we are is a bunch of big buck hunter and that is all we care about. Then you said you were done with this site never to look at it again let alone make another post. Well here we are less than a year later and you are back like never before pissin and moaning about the PMA section and how you have to pay for a membership to look at those post. Continually knocking the site and the big buck hunters on it. I dont get it if it makes you so upset then why dont you move back to the west side of the river and all your problems are solved. I dont know why im rambling I guess im bored and sick of reading all the pissin and moanin about how you are getting screwed and how this site is a bunch of self centered big buck hunters. Oh yeah the November antlerless season is a resident only season since non residents are only allowed to purchase antlerless tags for the regular shotgun seasons. So Yeah the state is assuming every family member lives in Iowa. Thats why I posted to answer you post.

P.S. I am the self proclaimed Biggest buck killin Internet tough guy on the Planet.

I talked to a taxidermist yesterday who said it had been slow but the had 5 brought in over the thanksgiving holiday. It would be interesting to do a survey of taxidermists to see if there is a significant increase in heads brought in during this time. It may just be a coincidence but it is suspicious to say the least.

I talked to a taxidermist yesterday who said it had been slow but the had 5 brought in over the thanksgiving holiday. It would be interesting to do a survey of taxidermists to see if there is a significant increase in heads brought in during this time. It may just be a coincidence but it is suspicious to say the least.

In my part of the world down here, the corn came out big time and the deer were really on the move over thanksgiving weekend. Just my observation, I bow hunted the whole weekend, and actually saw more rut activity on friday-sunday than any other time this year.

Sofakingfast 1 when you lived in Iowa you were all about trying to harvest a good deer here in Iowa. You even posted how excited you were when you saw a good deer. Then you moved across the river Illinois. That move I believe you said was 7 miles. You gave up your Iowa residency. Then you discovered how much it would cost for a doe tag, you could only get an anysex every three years. You then pissed and moaned because it cost you a fortune to hunt with your grandpa who only lives 7 miles away. All you wanted to do was hang out with your friends and have a good time but the state of Iowa is now screwing you because you chose not to drive those extra 7 miles to work every day and so on and so on. Then you got all pissed because all we are is a bunch of big buck hunter and that is all we care about. Then you said you were done with this site never to look at it again let alone make another post. Well here we are less than a year later and you are back like never before pissin and moaning about the PMA section and how you have to pay for a membership to look at those post. Continually knocking the site and the big buck hunters on it. I dont get it if it makes you so upset then why dont you move back to the west side of the river and all your problems are solved. I dont know why im rambling I guess im bored and sick of reading all the pissin and moanin about how you are getting screwed and how this site is a bunch of self centered big buck hunters. Oh yeah the November antlerless season is a resident only season since non residents are only allowed to purchase antlerless tags for the regular shotgun seasons. So Yeah the state is assuming every family member lives in Iowa. Thats why I posted to answer you post.

P.S. I am the self proclaimed Biggest buck killin Internet tough guy on the Planet.

lol good research! Although I didn't move to Illinois for me. I moved for my wife.So she could be closer to work. Im farther away. I also didnt say everyone on here is a (self centered big buck hunter). Quit assuming things! There alot of good people on this site. At least 10 that I know of. Oh and I get excited when I see any deer. So good try on that assumption also. I see more deer on the land I hunt in Illinois than the land I hunt in Iowa. It isn't about the deer. Its about the family.Grandpa shot a nice 8 pointer at 7 this mornin. :way:

So I

-Moved to Iowa to get closer to my work? -WRONG!
-Got pissed because everyone in Iowa is a big buck hunter? WRONG!
-"Pissed and Moaned" because you have to pay money to pay for the PMA membership? WRONG!

Poor guy.

Last edited:
In my part of the world down here, the corn came out big time and the deer were really on the move over thanksgiving weekend. Just my observation, I bow hunted the whole weekend, and actually saw more rut activity on friday-sunday than any other time this year.

It was good in my part of the woods as well.

Sounds about right. It's just like opening weekend of pheasant season. People are out moving the deer around, your chances of taking one with a bow increase.

Top Bottom