Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How To Hunt Wyoming Elk

TheMadCatter

Had a little time tonight to make a video on how to navigate the Wyoming Game and Fish department's website and everything. I'll hopefully be uploading more content and keeping a bi-weekly schedule.

Drop me a sub and let me know what you'd like to see in the future!

TeenageHunter,

A good intro to help get people past the feeling of where do I start when they go to WY website for tag apps. Have you used the export function of onx to google earth? I like to use it as the one function that onx doesn't have that google earth has (the 3d elevation changes as one uses the shift and arrow buttons) It helps greatly to see the elevtion changes more so than the topographic rigde lines however if the lines are close together one can bet the farm the elevation is changing rapidly. If one wants to export info from onx to GE click on my content on left side and the scroll down to export, click on export, click KMl and then click export. (one has to have google earth downloaded on their computer first for this to work)

Google earth will allow one to scroll in for a closer view as well to see vegetation quite well. I know of someone who has even found elk in a close up view using google earth. I have found cattle with it:)

Thanks for making the intro vid.

I've used the interactive map but have didn't realize those drop down info parts were on there. Thank you.

TeenageHunter,

A good intro to help get people past the feeling of where do I start when they go to WY website for tag apps. Have you used the export function of onx to google earth? I like to use it as the one function that onx doesn't have that google earth has (the 3d elevation changes as one uses the shift and arrow buttons) It helps greatly to see the elevtion changes more so than the topographic rigde lines however if the lines are close together one can bet the farm the elevation is changing rapidly. If one wants to export info from onx to GE click on my content on left side and the scroll down to export, click on export, click KMl and then click export. (one has to have google earth downloaded on their computer first for this to work)

Google earth will allow one to scroll in for a closer view as well to see vegetation quite well. I know of someone who has even found elk in a close up view using google earth. I have found cattle with it:)

Thanks for making the intro vid.

I've used the interactive map but have didn't realize those drop down info parts were on there. Thank you.

I've used the google street view to actually find antelope and deer in some of my areas. Works great! I've never used the export function of onx to google earth, I'm going to have to dig into that. I love the 3d elevation changes on google earth and obviously didn't cover that.

Thank you for the input! Any feedback helps with my next videos to make them better.

Top Bottom