Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hoyt Alpha Max 32 and others...

Scooonie

I shot this and the Matthews Reezen 6.5 Today. Two bows I might be interested in. I've read reviews of the Alpha Max being smoother and quiter but I had to shoot them myself to believe it. Only took me two shots of each to find out that the rumors are true! I still want to shoot a couple of other bows including the Bowtech Admiral and also the Matthews Hyperlite. Anyone else have a review on any of these bows?

I think the Admiral is WAY better than the Hoyts. I shot the Hoyts and they all had serious hand shock in my opinion.

If you like solo cam bows go find a Diamond Ice Man.

Now I'm just the opposite, I shot the alphamax and liked the way it shot and felt over the Admiral. Just shoot the ones you want and then decide. I never felt hand shock in the AM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I'm just the opposite, I shot the alphamax and liked the way it shot and felt over the Admiral. Just shoot the ones you want and then decide. I never felt hand shock in the AM. </div></div>

yeah, but look at you. you ain't right in the head

I have an Alpha Max 32 and it has very, very little hand shock. I can hardly tell I shot the thing. The Bowtech Admiral was just as dead in the hand, but the bow just didn't do it for me. I'm a big fan of the TEC riser design as well. I haven't had the chance to shoot the Mathews, I'm not too big on their bows anymore. With this Alpha Max, I finally think I've found the perfect hunting bow, and plan on holding onto it for quite awhile.

I feel the same way about my Katera, love it. I've held the Alphamax and love the weight but haven't shot it yet, afraid that if I do I'll end up buying it, and I just bought my katera...

I think the draw cycle of the Admiral feels just like my old Hoyt....I personally don't care for the big hump in the draw cycle. Pretty petty gripe, but I see no reason for an upgrade yet this year. I have not shot the new Hoyts yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jody Hadachek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an Alpha Max 32 and it has very, very little hand shock. I can hardly tell I shot the thing. The Bowtech Admiral was just as dead in the hand, but the bow just didn't do it for me. I'm a big fan of the TEC riser design as well. I haven't had the chance to shoot the Mathews, I'm not too big on their bows anymore. With this Alpha Max, I finally think I've found the perfect hunting bow, and plan on holding onto it for quite awhile. </div></div>

I shoot one too Jody and love it.

Top Bottom