Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HSB 609 Hunting turkey with a .410

I’m not sure what the pros and cons are of this bill as I don’t hunt with guns but I’d bet she’s scratching her head on this one :D

The bill is getting attention for sure - we've sold 3 .410 shotguns today already - hadn't sold one in years.

If I was going to gun hunt turkeys, I’d leave my .410 at home. Too many bad experiences with it hunting other critters. Very little room for error. Shells are crazy expensive in lead, let alone the new shot. Better alternatives out there for kids, getting tired of that sales pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda agree with last couple comments. But here's my dad's case. He's 75. Several war injuries (purple hearts). A lifetime of hard farming and livestock abuse. Bone on bone shoulder issues that he still hasn't addressed because of other life problems. If a 410 with tungsten can kill a turkey and it's all the more he thinks he can handle, why not?

This bill is taking wayyyy too much of our (yours and mine) time, but just as a follow up, I called the Office of the Governor yesterday afternoon and left a message asking for clarification on signed/not signed. I just received a call back from whom I assume was an intern, he said the bill has not been signed and it is being reviewed by "legal". He could not tell me exactly what that was but went on to say it had been passed by both chambers.

Also, this AM I got an email wondering if the articles weren't an attempt to put pressure on the gov to get the bill moving.

Politics. Making people crazy for eons.
It won't matter when she signs it. Won't impact this spring season

I kinda agree with last couple comments. But here's my dad's case. He's 75. Several war injuries (purple hearts). A lifetime of hard farming and livestock abuse. Bone on bone shoulder issues that he still hasn't addressed because of other life problems. If a 410 with tungsten can kill a turkey and it's all the more he thinks he can handle, why not?
For an older gent, who knows the guns limits, and when to and when not to shoot, it might be OK. For a young hunter, they don't have that experience, and the .410 is too weak... gonna be a lot of toms walking around with green meat..

Top Bottom