Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HSB 610 Nonresident Landowner Tags

Please write in!!!
& folks- we all know the “NR anti hunters buying land” is BS!!!!! I’m all over the state & all I do is spend time on farms each day. I don’t know of one NR anti hunter that has purchased land. & I’ve seen thousands of transactions all over. His argument is not based on facts or data & it’s a made up scare tactic. Smoke & mirrors. These folks really do think we are stupid. We’re not. No one with an IQ above a squirrel buys these arguments. The made up anti-hunters buying up our timber, the crazy “2 residents get permission”. How he spins his position into the CWD debate, etc …. It’s crazy. Or he knows the bill is garbage to the core so he’s trying to decorate the argument with all this non-sense like the Crazy anti hunter claims or buzz words. He’s decorating a turd. In the end, it’s still a turd.

Good or bad idea: NRLO allotted a LO buck tag in any year their property is IHAP-enrolled. Special IHAP conditions: no public deer hunting, and closed to the public the first week of Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan. Basically, the NRLO can get and hunt their buck tag at the cost of opening their land to hunting for species other than deer.

I’d prefer no change to current laws, if given a choice. But, if I had to pick a change related to NRLO LO buck tags I’m trying to think what would be somewhat palatable.

I mentioned the IHAP idea earlier, there’s no reason to shut off the deer hunting tho. Herd management is one of the main reasons for getting the ground opened up.

We hunt a good chunk of IHAP ground and the deer circle right back into it. You’re not going to run the deer off by hunting it.

Good or bad idea: NRLO allotted a LO buck tag in any year their property is IHAP-enrolled. Special IHAP conditions: no public deer hunting, and closed to the public the first week of Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan. Basically, the NRLO can get and hunt their buck tag at the cost of opening their land to hunting for species other than deer.

I’d prefer no change to current laws, if given a choice. But, if I had to pick a change related to NRLO LO buck tags I’m trying to think what would be somewhat palatable.
If this happens . The rules have to be simple and enforceable.

I personally would not apply for the tag if it becomes public land use.

That would be a nightmare for me as a landowner and my neighbors… and for my insurance rates. I would let a few locals hunt, as I do now, with control on harvest.

Committee meeting rescheduled for 2/14 at 1600. The House does not zoom their meetings, but you can leave a public comment at the link below:

<Public Comments>

Be sure to state the number of the bill you are commenting on, in this case it is HSB 610.

I think when he said anti-hunters he meant people wanting to leave the city and move out to the country. That’s what’s driving your prices up now boys and girls just take a look at any of the realtor sites every farm is getting broken up into acreage’s,20 and 40 acre pieces which makes it affordable for someone who wants to raise a few mini cows and breath in some clean air! Urban sprawl is a much bigger problem IMO then a few “rich guys”wanting to hunt their own land.

The anti hunters they are referring to, could be the Nature Conservancy or another large group like this that buys land.

In my county in Minnesota they bought up big chunks of native grass/hills/oaks, called (The Glacial Ridge) . It’s off limits to hunting . They got pushback and now offer hunting on some parcels.

I personally don’t care that much, as it’s a nice refuge for wildlife. But maybe that is happening in Iowa, and it’s possible that some taxpayers do not approve.

The anti hunters they are referring to, could be the Nature Conservancy or another large group like this that buys land.

In my county in Minnesota they bought up big chunks of native grass/hills/oaks, called (The Glacial Ridge) . It’s off limits to hunting . They got pushback and now offer hunting on some parcels.

I personally don’t care that much, as it’s a nice refuge for wildlife. But maybe that is happening in Iowa, and it’s possible that some taxpayers do not approve.
Maybe but I still think it’s the people that are moving out to the country from the city now they found out they can work from home in some instances. I wouldn’t call them anti-hunters per se but they’re going to put out a feeder and wind up naming all the deer and no they’re not gonna let someone come shoot their “pets”. Lol

I think when he said anti-hunters he meant people wanting to leave the city and move out to the country. That’s what’s driving your prices up now boys and girls just take a look at any of the realtor sites every farm is getting broken up into acreage’s,20 and 40 acre pieces which makes it affordable for someone who wants to raise a few mini cows and breath in some clean air! Urban sprawl is a much bigger problem IMO then a few “rich guys”wanting to hunt their own land.
Personally I think he was just making shit up. Like his CWD argument.

Passed the full committee 11-9 with 1 absent. The committee is 12 Republicans and 9 Democrats so it appears it was along party lines.

The measure is now eligible to be placed on the debate calendar.

Maybe but I still think it’s the people that are moving out to the country from the city now they found out they can work from home in some instances. I wouldn’t call them anti-hunters per se but they’re going to put out a feeder and wind up naming all the deer and no they’re not gonna let someone come shoot their “pets”. Lol
Believe it or not...this is a factor, not the only one by any means, in escalating land prices.

Top Bottom