Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hunting help

pghbowhunter

I just drew my zone 5 Iowa Tag. I'm coming from Pennsylvania on my own. I am looking for some public or private land to hunt on. Do any of your guys know what public land is the best in zone 5? I heard that SEDAN BOTTOMS near Centerville is a good place to start. Just looking for some input. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.- I am looking to do this on my own without the help of an outfitter.

Thank you,
pghbowhunter

I could not reply as I had never been to the Sedan Bottoms until this year. I am from Wisconsin and drew muzzleloader tags with a few buddies here. What season did you hunt? Did you see many good bucks? We did not see a lot of deer here and only saw one deer that I maybe would have pulled the trigger on, nothing real special. I was just wondering what you encountered. I also hunted Rathburn a couple days. Saw more deer but no bucks to speak of.

Brian I was close to Stephens a few times but never actually hunted it. Sorry for posting on an old post I just get a little bored in the offseason!

Top Bottom