Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting journal

Buckhunter92

Started a journal after I get out the field this year. I put in weather, pressure, wind, deer seen, location. Do you guys have anything to add to this

That about covers it. I use to keep a detailed journal on properties I hunted. Journals can be very helpful, especially when your hunting a new property and trying to figure out how to hunt it. It's always fun to go back and re read some of the comments I made. Today I still keep track of details like where I sat, on what date, and what I saw in my daily planner book.

Started a journal after I get out the field this year. I put in weather, pressure, wind, deer seen, location. Do you guys have anything to add to this
The fact that u doing above already puts u in a very small group that organizes & uses their own notes for how u approach future. Very cool & very smart !!

We keep a legal pad back at the cabin. There are 4 of us that hunt the property and everyone fills it out after each hunt. The columns are
- date
- name/initials of hunter
- morn/eve
- stand location,
- wind direction and speed,
- comments,
- doe/fawn,
- 1-2yo,
- 3-4yo,
- 5+/mature

and we put the number of deer we see under the appropriate column based on guessed age. When we shoot a deer, we circle it.

This helps to know which stand used recently so we don’t burn them out. Along with normal trends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom