Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting over a pond or creek ?

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
With this dry stretch I would think a pond or creek stand would be a great option. Any plans/strategies you guys could share ?

Not bow hunting but I use to hunt a place on the tracks that had the only culvert that would hardly ever freeze. Every night the deer would make their way to the water then go feed.

I put a couple cams on random ponds - like the middle of farm fields. Or Hidden ponds. This year I’ve got uniquely far more pics. Found a lot of deer on ponds I couldn’t locate. With how dry last 3 months has been- Getting by water is very wise as one tactic & option. Absolutely think it’s a great year to be near water!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponds are great for cam pics in this dry stretch . Hopefully some bucks visit the ponds for a drink during daylight hours.

I think hunting running water sources is a must. I wouldn’t buy rec property without a running water source. My best piece has a spring fed stream, never goes dry, that feeds Shoal Creek both on the property. The game near it is crazy. Shoal Creek is fairly large, 30 feet wide with 15 feet high banks on curves that funnels deer at certain points.

Top Bottom