Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HUSH Donations

oldgene

PMA Member
Since we have a running count of the number of does we are harvesting, I thought maybe we should also have a running count of the number of deer we donate to HUSH or other charitable hunters against hunger organizations. I spent saturday at DeSoto Bend National Wildlife Refuge on a special doe hunt and donated my doe to HUSH and know that there were several other deer donated. HUSH is a great program and last year I believe the Iowa hunters donated over 6,000 deer. As many does as you have all taken, you either have a lot of freezers or your eating deer 24/7 so donate those deer. #1

Great idea, Gene. I thought if I had a good doe year, that I would be doing that - but I've found out that I have a lot of takers for deer meat all around me. I have to remember to save enough for myself. By the way, we need to get together before December and shoot our Omegas.

Ok, with the gun season starting this weekend I thought I would bring this up again. Donate those extra deer. It will save you thousands on the price of freezers and the electricity to run them. With the extra money who can buy a new bow or ML or take a trip to Colorado for elk or mulies, the possiblities are endless.
grin.gif

i like to keep the younger does and donate the old does and bucks, call me selfish but i like the more tender meat!! my roommate and i have donated 5 deer. that puts it up to 20

1 more from my buddy last weekend up to 30, and his hunting group plans on donating over 10 from 2nd season so hopefully they fill the tags

Top Bottom