Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HUSH Program Lockers Down??

OOBoneCollector

Anyone else notice that there are not as many HUSH Program Lockers this year? I called one that is on the DNR's list for 2020/2021 lockers and they said they actually aren't doing it. Wonder how many others are on their list that actually aren't doing it this year.

I am in Northern Linn County and I am not seeing anything within an hour drive...

I talked to the lady at center junction about it last year and she said they were thinking of quitting hush last year and now I heard they aren't doing deer at all this year. She told me they can switch from beef/pork to deer without issue, but they have to completely sterilize everything to switch back per USDA guidelines. She said it wasn't worth the hassle since they don't get that many deer anyway. I think with the amount of hogs that were basically given away this year and people getting quarters and halves and backing up the lockers into next year quite a few are just skipping deer altogether this year. I think Tipton is only taking deboned meat this year. Not sure what other lockers around here are doing. I usually only take one to the locker if my landowner wants one. I'm just going to do the stuff he wants myself so he's covered.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice that there are not as many HUSH Program Lockers this year? I called one that is on the DNR's list for 2020/2021 lockers and they said they actually aren't doing it. Wonder how many others are on their list that actually aren't doing it this year.

I am in Northern Linn County and I am not seeing anything within an hour drive...
Did you check Kramer's in Laporte city?

Scroll down at that link to read the deer exchange program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to the lady at center junction about it last year and she said they were thinking of quitting hush last year and now I heard they aren't doing deer at all this year.

No rifle season. Their kid used to go down to southern Iowa and come back with trailer fulls. Personally, felt that was BS. $75 to turn a deer into burger is pretty easy $$ IMO. I'm not a pro and when I was in practice cutting up 10-15 deer a year, I probably averaged 45minutes per deer.

Thought I'd share. Looked into the deer exchange last week. My locker I use (Afton) isn't doing HUSH this year. Found a guy that lives 8 blocks from my house in Waukee that signed up wanting a deer. I texted him and we exchanged info. Just told him I'd give him a deer if I connected. We already have 2 at home, so a third would have gone to HUSH.
Shot a nice doe last night with my Muzz and dropped it off at his house. Took 5 min. Nice guy and was really appreciative of the meat. So far so good.

Top Bottom