Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I couldn't believe it.....

DLO

I read on another forum, something I didn't know existed. Rifle seasons for turkeys. I'm sure some of you guys live in a state that allows it, but personally, I have never heard of such a thing. I read it and had to stop for a second to compose myself. I might be the only guy in the world who hasn't heard of this, but I almost wishing I was still in the dark. Amazing.

Oh yeah! Wyoming allows rifles as a legal weapon for turkey and there are a few other states. I think it'd be kinda fun to try to pick one off with the .270 at 250 yards or so.

I totally agree with the fun-factor! It's just my opinion that using a rifle takes all the things away that makes turkey hunting what it is...up close and personal. ( wacking one at 250+ yards would certainly bring a smile to my face though!
grin.gif

I remember that's what George Waters said he was hunting when he was really poaching. I forgot what state it was (out west somewhere) but it apparently is legal to hunt fall birds with a rifle

I told a buddy of mine that lives here in IA , about a rifle season for birds that is legal in some other states. He reacted the same way I did. He added something else after he stopped laughing by saying this:

" Dave, that's ridiculous!"

I laughed, shrugged my shoulders and we continued our archery discussion.

I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere about .22 magnums being touted as turkey guns. Down south somewhere.

Top Bottom