Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I need of a deer cape!!!

JUNIOR

I dropped off a deer I shot a few years ago into the taxidermist last week, and he said it would hard to find a cape for it, so he looked around and today he gave me a number and it was outrageous. I am trying to find a cape that is in the 23-25 inch range. If you guys have any capes, send me a pm. Thanks!!!:D

What is outrageous to you ? How much did the taxy tell you??? That's a decent sized cape and probably worth what he told you....

What do you call "outrageous" for a decent size cape? Go to the wanted or for sale listings at taxinet.com & see what the going price is. If you are truly being gouged, maybe not the right place to get your trophy mounted.

That size is at least 150$ for a starting range. Deer that size are hard to come by

Like others have said it's hard to determine if it was a fair offer without knowing what the price was. That's a good size cape to begin with and there are fewer available. Let alone this could possibly be the worst time to purchase one as most have been either used or sold already.

Like others have said it's hard to determine if it was a fair offer without knowing what the price was. That's a good size cape to begin with and there are fewer available. Let alone this could possibly be the worst time to purchase one as most have been either used or sold already.

^You nailed it. A tanned cape that size in good shape will sell for $200 all day.

Yeah the first price he told me was 200, he said he might be able to get it for 150! I don't know prices for capes just thought it was high, had one mounted this winter with a 24 inch cape and it was 80 bucks, it has got me thinkin it's a supply and demand during the summer months.

Do NOT under any circumstance but a buck in a doe cape! and take your horns & run far away from any taxi who would do that! If you are that hard up for something cheap to put on the wall, just do a euro.

$150 would still be a good bargain. Also, depending on how many flaws the cape has (tears, rub spots, holes, etc) will effect the price as well. Depending on how picky you are, you may want to keep that into consideration.

Top Bottom