Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA Legislative Updates

ElkHunter

Life Member

The Iowa Bowhunters Association (IBA) is using Voter Voice as a new method of delivering our legislative updates and facilitating interaction with policymakers. We will, when necessary, have "Calls to Action." These calls to action links will take you to a form that will bullet point our support or opposition to a piece of proposed legislation and we'll encourage you to add your own comments. When you hit send, your message will go directly to your legislator(s).

One of the comments we get from legislators is, "We're not hearing from sportsmen and women." With a click of a button, we can show them exactly how many communications from our action alert alone they have received. Personalizing your emails using our online form is key as it will ensure legislators notice and remember your position on the bill.

It's very easy to sign up! We will provide a link below. All that is needed is your name and zip code but we encourage you to fill in all the information so we can follow up with you on the bill(s) and you can more easily take action in the future. Once you have entered your information, the system will guide you through the communication process and automatically send your email to the appropriate legislator(s).

The link below will get you started. Create your profile today to make sure you get the latest IBA communications! We are committed to advocating for our sport and Iowa's natural resources and this new tool will help us take our collective advocacy to a new level!

https://www.iowabowhunters.org/takeaction.html

The Iowa Bowhunters Association (IBA) is using Voter Voice as a new method of delivering our legislative updates and facilitating interaction with policymakers. We will, when necessary, have "Calls to Action." These calls to action links will take you to a form that will bullet point our support or opposition to a piece of proposed legislation and we'll encourage you to add your own comments. When you hit send, your message will go directly to your legislator(s).

One of the comments we get from legislators is, "We're not hearing from sportsmen and women." With a click of a button, we can show them exactly how many communications from our action alert alone they have received. Personalizing your emails using our online form is key as it will ensure legislators notice and remember your position on the bill.

It's very easy to sign up! We will provide a link below. All that is needed is your name and zip code but we encourage you to fill in all the information so we can follow up with you on the bill(s) and you can more easily take action in the future. Once you have entered your information, the system will guide you through the communication process and automatically send your email to the appropriate legislator(s).

The link below will get you started. Create your profile today to make sure you get the latest IBA communications! We are committed to advocating for our sport and Iowa's natural resources and this new tool will help us take our collective advocacy to a new level!

https://www.iowabowhunters.org/takeaction.html
Great to see you back on here Randy!

I signed up and used the Voter Voice through the IBA this morning - WOW, that was quick and easy.
Its nice to know that we can hold their feet to the fire so to speak in knowing just how many people are reaching out.
WE will NOT be ignored - this is way too important

Done! I moved to Iowa after my home state's deer herd was hammered by BS legislation and I thought Iowa was going to be different. Nope! It's going to be a fight but we have to stay energized and on top of it! Thanks again to @Ishi for the IBA membership, I've also signed my wife up now and tell everyone I meet about it.

SF 553 has a fiscal note attached. The note says there are 31,000 resident farm unit owners. If relatives of half the owners apply, 15,000, it will generate 4,000,000 dollars. That’s nearly triple the NR allocation at 6000. It can be up to 31000 extra NR tags. That’s disastrous.

How about this. If the DNR charged the 31000 unit owners 100 dollars, instead of $2, they would generate 3.1 million pwith no additional NR pressure. That’s a thought, or only charging 80 bucks is 2.4 million. Of course that doesn’t solve the more deer killed part they want.

Last edited:
IBA.....i am making maple syrup and would donate 2 gallons for give aways if interested. I can leave with Skip if let me know. Put in pints or quarts whatever you want. Got flogged last night 14 inches.

Attachments

• 20230401_150150.jpg
    20230401_150150.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230401_110742.jpg
    20230401_110742.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom