Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Idaho Elk

tyler883

Well I just got back from Idaho and to say I had fun would be an understatement! I did a horseback pack in hunt in the sawtooth mountains with Korell Outfitters. We heard and saw quite a few elk over the 6 days of hunting. We hunted off the horses one day and the other 5 we spent hiking between 8-12 miles a day. I passed a spike on the first day as I was hoping for a branch antler bull. I was successful on the 4th day of the hunt at 45 yards. We packed the elk out on mules which was pretty neat to watch. Got to spend the last 2 days trying to help my friend that went along. If you guys are on the fence on doing this type of hunt all I can say is do it as it is an experience you will never forget. Also want to say that I went with the first lite base layers and they were amazing. I would sweat all day in them and they never held a stench at all. Wicked moisture like they were supposed to and held up to the test. I went with the sitka mountain pants and they took an absolute beating as well and held up flawlessly.
06p4BlR.jpg

c9Zxehm.jpg

You are absolutely right! If you are on the fence on going our elk hunting do it! Senery is amazing! There's nothing like chasing 4-700lb turkeys! Congratulations on a fine bull!

I hunted with Korell several years ago and also came home with a very nice elk. Fabulous people to hunt with and incredible area to hunt.
Congratulations!

Good work. That sounds like a blast. Was going west on i80 last weekend and saw multiple rigs coming east with atvs and horns on top :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats man!!! I have been three different times and am yet to shoot anything. The first two times was 100 percent DIY and the third time was with an outfitter in NM. I am hoping the 4th times a charm!!! Congrats again!

Top Bottom