Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ideal climbing stick size

buckyeah

From a relatively new guy looking for some wisdom from those that use climbing sticks...

I have bulky old climbing sticks and looking to upgrade to something lighter/better. Mostly looking at Hawk Helium sticks (due to price point), but was more curious on your opinions on the 20” (set of 4) versus the 30” (set of 3)? Which size do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely the 20". I use 5 20" or leave 2 in and carry 3. Fit on a pack better and work on irregular trees. I like the Xop or Hawk but I have a bunch of Muddy originals too that I like

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not a huge hang & hunt dude BUT- saw lone wolf/Novix has these smaller sticks - 2 steps each. Vs 3. Like- if u went in with 3-4 of regulars and added couple of these- be sweet!!! I looked at em and said “yep- makes sense, I would want that”. Super light and small.

If you're gonna be packing stuff in and out I'd opt for the shorter of the two all day. I'd be wary of Hawk stuff though and research it thoroughly. They have some QC issues here and there with some of their lightweight sticks, as has XOP recently.

I just cut down my lone wolf sticks to around 22" I think. The portability factor is so much better. I have an aider I can move between them, but I'll probably add some LWCG metal cable aiders to them all eventually.
e299126e2c260464e5a193bcdfe762db.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom