Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ideas to help access

Brett Morris

PMA Member
So we have a 2 acre turnip/radish plot that's about 200 yards from the entrance to our farm. Most afternoons there's deer in it 3-4 hours before shooting light so bumping deer happens every hunt. I had planned to plant a plot screen but didn't get it done. I'm curious if anyone has any permanent alternatives they've used before. Planting a cedar screen would be ideal but I'd like something that won't take that long & not sure they'd get tall enough.

The access is perfect until I climb out of the creek & into the blind. The last 30 yards is the only issue. I just need something to screen my short walk from the creek & the climb into the blind. So something around the blind that's 14-16' tall. My concern with plot screen (or anything that's 10' tall) is that I'd still get busted as I opened the door & climbed into the blind.

I'd thought about stacking round bales but I'm not sure going 3 high is the smart idea lol

Just enough to hide behind & sneak out of the creek & up into the blind. Single Bales lined up on the ground would work just fine until the ladder. Then I’d need them stacked Just didn’t know if they’d be tipsy if I was going 2-3 high

Mithcanthus. 3 years solid screen. Fastest thing I know of that is "Permanent". But its not 14'+ tall by any means.

Personally, if getting out of the blind in the dark I wouldn't worry about the top 5' that isn't screened.

If its a must for you, you could always screen the base of the blind with canvas. I did this with a brown tarp once, but it didn't hold up. Canvas would.

Top Bottom