Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IDNRs proposed changes to NRC

I think this would help Iowa big time, getting rid of the late doe season would be major change!

I agree and I think there's more to this than just shooting does. I think this season adds a lot of stress to these deer at a time their bodies are stressed enough. I think eliminating it will help quality overall as well in my opinion.

So I haven't done my due diligence in following these things, but what is the latest on this proposal?

Knowing our current administration, I'm assuming it got nixed before it had a chance to collect an speck of dust on their desks?

I believe the first step to getting these recommendations approved is to have the NRC approve them and then it goes to the governor. All of the folks that are on the NRC have emails listed on the DNR's website. If you agree with the DNR recommendations it would not be a bad idea to send the NRC folks an email stating such. In my opinion quotas should be reduced even more but what they are recommending is a great start in the correct direction.

If I lived in Iowa, I would be sending emails and making calls right now. In my opinion this simple change will make a major difference

Hope so

Doing away with the january rifle slaughter.... I mean hunt, will be an excellent 1st step in the right direction.. Tough to manage land when rifle parties get together.

Top Bottom