Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

imox herbicide

Blaster

PMA Member
Are any of you guys using Imox on your Clover plots? If so what are your mix rates per acre. I see they say 4-6oz per acre. But how much water?

What does the label say? Usually it says in label how much water per acre for good coverage.

That depends on what your sprayer is set for 15 gallons an acre is pretty standard but some things like liberty take 20 plus. 10 gallons is pretty low rate and only used for certain uses.

Anyone using IMOX on their clover? Not sure where the 4-6 oz/a comes from......label says 64-128 for most everything.

IMOX label.png

I'm confused as well. This is my first time using it, and the label calls out a lot more. I read 4-6 oz too somewhere, but don't remember where. Keystone is who recommended it their site over butyrac and clethodim because it's a cheaper solution, but only at those lower application rates. I looked at the raptor label, and it says 4-6 oz/acre. Imox is the same chemical composition as raptor, so not sure the discrepancy between their two labels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok, I called keystone and asked them. They recommend 4-6 oz/acre, same as raptor. They said the rate is different for imox because it's listing rates for aquatic application.

Ok, I called keystone and asked them. They recommend 4-6 oz/acre, same as raptor. They said the rate is different for imox because it's listing rates for aquatic application.

Thanks for the research! For $100 investment I may give it a shot.

I sprayed clover with IMOX, 6 oz/acre along with Nitrosurf, in early April in North MO and am pleased with the results. First time using it.

Any feedback? I sprayed some plots the beginning of July. It was the second spraying. Just checked last night. One plot had grass, nettles, and some other weed kind of like nettles. The grass was fried, but the other 2 weeds were still going strong. A couple other plots had a fair amount of weeds, but didn't investigate what kind.

Any feedback? I sprayed some plots the beginning of July. It was the second spraying. Just checked last night. One plot had grass, nettles, and some other weed kind of like nettles. The grass was fried, but the other 2 weeds were still going strong. A couple other plots had a fair amount of weeds, but didn't investigate what kind.

So-so, but upon further review I think timing is critical on IMOX. Early spring spraying is best. I will give it another shot with better timing. I didn't spray until June and the results weren't that good. Either it does better earlier in spring or I am eliminating it out of my herbicide program.

Have sprayed 13 acres clover plots twice this spring 6 oz imox/acre, basagran, clethodim, AMS, crop oil mixture. Has helped my plots immensely. Plan on another spraying in September, should kill better then. Have alot of yellow nuts sedge.

Top Bottom