Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Improving Website??? - Ideas, input, suggestions.....

We could do this all night! My original point was just to promote your cause! If I had a real problem with the IBA , I would cancel my life membership! Enjoy!

We could do this all night! My original point was just to promote your cause! If I had a real problem with the IBA , I would cancel my life membership! Enjoy!

We could indeed. My original point is that I can't remember a classic without an IBA booth. Thanks for being a Life Member.

IW will have a booth at the Classic this year & following. I agree with the importance and hope the IBA will be there as well.

#1 most important thing that this website needs...we need to get the "thumbs up" icon back! :) For real though, I miss that one!

We could indeed. My original point is that I can't remember a classic without an IBA booth. Thanks for being a Life Member.
Slightly off topic but the IBA booth is generally pretty boring, a table and a banner. I would be surprised if it attracted much interest and would like to know how many new members are signed up at the Classic any given year.

Slightly off topic but the IBA booth is generally pretty boring, a table and a banner. I would be surprised if it attracted much interest and would like to know how many new members are signed up at the Classic any given year.

Boring is correct. There are a few reasons why it is that way. As far as memberships sold, it varies. Back in the day when we could raffle off a bow to new members who joined at the Classic there were of course more than now. I'd say in the past two to three years maybe 12-15 new members for the weekend and a whole lot more renewals. We also see a spike in new members for a couple of weeks after the classic.

Now a suggestion/question for the site, would there be any interest in an IBA forum? I can see both good and not so good in doing so. It would be a good place to ask questions of the IBA and for the IBA to get information and suggestions from our members in a more timely manner. But it could also denigrate into an IBA bash fest. Perhaps the Legislative Forum is close enough but that forum, rightfully so, is pretty dead after the session.

Thoughts?

So- we could kill 2 birds with one stone with this thread..... what would u (and anyone else) suggest IBA do to “liven things up” and update things & attract new members?

**also- adding or tweaking so IBA element here..... “YES”! How we do it.... let’s give some thought and get more Feedback. Yep- something we can do and I have a few out of the box ideas to add to this as well. Want to hear ideas!!! Good stuff!!

Table and a booth won't get it! You have IBA people who have shot great animals! Put a few mounted heads to get people to stop for a second and look at . Have people who are not afraid to engage people! Doesn't have to be obnoxious! Just.. Hey ,how are ya? We are the IBA ! Here' what we do! Here's what we have done! It's a sale! You have to sell it! Don't have a gang of buddy's hanging around making people think they are intruding! Cause they will walk away! Have your pals kiss your ass in private! Takes a little selling ! Than again, that's my thought on it!!

Table and a booth won't get it! You have IBA people who have shot great animals! Put a few mounted heads to get people to stop for a second and look at . Have people who are not afraid to engage people! Doesn't have to be obnoxious! Just.. Hey ,how are ya? We are the IBA ! Here' what we do! Here's what we have done! It's a sale! You have to sell it! Don't have a gang of buddy's hanging around making people think they are intruding! Cause they will walk away! Have your pals kiss your ass in private! Takes a little selling ! Than again, that's my thought on it!!

Sounds like you’ve got a life member willing to help run the booth.

Good thoughts. Definitely would help to have some mounts to draw people in and some friendly outgoing people to engage in conversation and yes sell people on thE IBA.

In the past I have seen times when there hasn't been anybody at the booth and times where there might be someone there but they don't engage with people.

I'm not saying they have to be like Carnies pulling people in but if you can get a few people engaged in conversation and them tell them why they should join the IBA that would help.

Honestly 15 new members during a 3 day weekend with as many people that attend the Deer Classic is pretty sad. What us sadder is that I probably would have guessed less based on the lack of interest I have seen in the booth.

I'm not trying to criticize just saying that I think there needs to be some reflection on how things can be improved in order to increase members in the IBA.

Boring is correct. There are a few reasons why it is that way. As far as memberships sold, it varies. Back in the day when we could raffle off a bow to new members who joined at the Classic there were of course more than now. I'd say in the past two to three years maybe 12-15 new members for the weekend and a whole lot more renewals. We also see a spike in new members for a couple of weeks after the classic.

Now a suggestion/question for the site, would there be any interest in an IBA forum? I can see both good and not so good in doing so. It would be a good place to ask questions of the IBA and for the IBA to get information and suggestions from our members in a more timely manner. But it could also denigrate into an IBA bash fest. Perhaps the Legislative Forum is close enough but that forum, rightfully so, is pretty dead after the session.

Thoughts?

I could see it appearing like a bash fest. It's easy to be critical of the IBA but I think that comes more of a place of frustration. I think the leadership of the IBA has been pretty slow to adapt and hasn't been very effective at promoting the IBA to new members.

I go to the banquet every year and it seems like the crowd, like myself, just keeps on getting older. With some exceptions there are not many younger members there. It really doesn't look good for the future of the IBA if they can't get the next generations of Bowhunters involved.

That said I do always try to offer a few suggestions because I'm point is not to criticize but to try and make things better.

So, here are a few. As far as the Classic booth, a drawing would be great as long as a prize is available. I have also said many times that selling tickets to the banquet at the Classic would be a good idea. Obviously the banquet weekend would have to be moved back to the same weekend or a weekend after the classic to do this. But promoting the banquet at the classic, and the speakers at the banquets should boost ticket sales and hopefully memberships.

Another thought, why in a state that is home to the Lakoskys, Drurys, Kiskys, Bill Winke and a host of other tv celebrities are none of those people involved with the IBA? Do they just not care because they have their 10k managed acres and are insulated from the regulations and their effects on hunting?

I'm trying to remember if any of them have even been a speaker at the banquet. I think Winke once. Instead we have Outdoors Dan??? I honestly will have to decide whether to skip the banquet this year for the first time in many years or just leave before that part of the program.

I don't know, there are a lot of ideas that can be brainstormed.

So- IBA -
Sounding like we need some new “younger” volunteers to be in the booth a night. Folks who can “sell” and present & represent well. Maybe some pm’s & emails be great to offer to fill in a night or add to it. Some big buck mounts are always good. Agree with that!!!! Yes- new blood there with different skills & some updates - great start.
Need more Minor & easy changes that can grow IBA - stuff that doesn’t take away from IBA core but adds value, traffic and adds members. Please offer to volunteer if able & could add some value. Keep ideas coming on that front too or we could do a separate thread on it.

Just a thought for numbskills like yours truly... Video tutorials on how to use and navigate the site. Everything posting related, navigation, amenities, etc. Obviously too large to upload to site but how-tos via a youtube link.

Last edited:
You know guy's my reply to this thread was in no way to bash the IBA! I just wanted to lmpress the new owners of IW that promotion is so important! I've had a IW decal on my truck window since I joined this site! I can't tell you how many conversations that decal has sparked! Decals,shirts,hats, whatever! Get it out there! As far as the IBA? I've been a member for awhile. I've had a bitch or two along the way! Bottom line is , if you enjoy the long bow seasons we have in Iowa.....Thank the IBA!! Still say you have to Promote all you can!!

Probably already posted somewhere, but what is easiest way to post pics from computer? I used to use photobucket. I loaded media to this site, but had to delete other pics because I was "out of room". Now those deleted pics wont show up in the old threads.

• the image button asks for a URL
  • The media button... not sure what that does.
  • insert button isn't for pics
  • Media gallery embed works, but have to delete old pics

Probably already posted somewhere, but what is easiest way to post pics from computer? I used to use photobucket. I loaded media to this site, but had to delete other pics because I was "out of room". Now those deleted pics wont show up in the old threads.

Tapatalk will fix all your problems uploading pictures. Install the app on your smartphone or computer and search for IW and problem will be solved. Tapatalk is different but I`m starting to get the hang of it.

From a computer...no idea other than uploading to you albums like you already mentioned giving you problems.

OneCam announced on a thread about a week ago that Tapatalk is now available for IW. It can be installed on a smartphone or computer.
1983 once you install the app you can put your pics back on that you had to delete unless you don’t have the originals.
If Tapatalk isn’t used the only other way is to resize the pics

What I did was make the post from the computer, emailed pics to my phone and put them in using Tapatalk. I'm sure there are other options but is what worked for me in a pinch

Top Bottom