Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Intro and Thanks

Bow_and_Arrow

Bow_and_Arrow
Hi everyone - thought I should finally get around to posting and congratulating everyone on some awesome bucks and land projects over the years. I’ve checked this site for a long, long time and should have contributed before now...

I grew up in Iowa, started working in DSM after college and ended up relocating out of Iowa for 11 years. We lived in St. Louis and Milwaukee during that time. Others have said it before but I’ll repeat it, if you’ve never lived outside Iowa, we have the best whitetail hunting in the country! I’m not sure I realized how good we have it until I saw other states - especially their regulation and season structure. Although both MO and WI have good deer, my experience wasn’t what we have here in Iowa (admittedly, some of this was due to land access/where I chose to hunt). In Iowa, I’m blessed to have extended family with land as well as know some farmers that are kind enough to let Dad and me bow and gun hunt. I especially missed the family component of hunting away from Iowa - staying with Grandpa and Grandma, swapping hunting stories from the day’s hunt with dad, etc.

We moved back about five years ago and I’ve loved every minute of being back in Iowa for the bow hunting, turkey hunting, shed hunting and fishing farm ponds with the kids.

Best of luck if you still have tags in your pocket! Perhaps soon I’ll see about posting pics....

Thanks again for all of the info sharing, hunting stories, etc. - fun stuff to read and it sure beats FB. Take care - Nick

Top Bottom