Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Invasion!

loneranger

Anyone else see a huge uptick in the hords of The Invasive Species,,purposely brought here for Agribusiness? I mean the little Lady Bug impersonators from China or Japan,,I don't know which? Last two warm days my area and house were literally coved in them. They were making it into the house. I spent all afternoon inside killing them. There are always some,,when beans are picked but man,,,never like this. Only solution,,cooler weather,,which is hard to keep,,this mild, Fall.:confused:

I hear you. I had my house "Professionally" sprayed this fall. I still have a problem. I'm going to spray some tempo SC and see if that helps. Also, the dang house flies. holy crap.

The asian beetles are not biting I was told. That is a burn from their piss/secretions. Never get it in your eye! Spraying the Tempo around all windows and doors does wonders. Major carnage

Those Minute Pirate bugs were insane here a few weeks ago after the 11.5" of rain. Then they were gone. I can't believe how much they hurt, for as small as they are.

I like when they come around in late summer-fall, the vast numbers of them make the aphids disappear off all my plants. Another insect that appears in horde like numbers from the fields in fall and likes to bite, too is the beneficial minute pirate bug:
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/minutep.html
Those pirate bugs made for a miserable hunt a couple of weeks ago. I sat a stand in a waterway between two standing corn fields and about got chewed to death.:mad:

That's a newone on me? Pirate bugs. Cant say as I have ever seen one or been bit by one yet..Only a matter of time though Im sure. I have found,,the farther south you go,,the more pests you encounter or soit seems. I moved here from the North,,and seems many more pests down here overall. less Mosquitos though but that's about it. wife hated the little black flies we had up north. Said Iowa didn't have them but last couple yrs they have been bad down here in the earlySummer. They bite too...Some call them Knats,,but they look exactly like the Black Flies up North,,maybe a bit smaller. Every area has its pests though no matter where you go!

I like when they come around in late summer-fall, the vast numbers of them make the aphids disappear off all my plants. Another insect that appears in horde like numbers from the fields in fall and likes to bite, too is the beneficial minute pirate bug:
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/minutep.html

Send me your address. I'll make sure you get another box of them. Post it here. I'm sure others will be willing to ship free. I like them crawling into every opening they can find. ;)

To the contrary, in the past couple of years, I have seen far fewer boxelder bugs and the asian beetles at my residence. Maybe it's just region specific, and you are in a bad spot?

I do agree that Tempo, while expensive, certainly does wonders. Absolute carnage, and safe to spray in and around your house. I usually just spray once in the spring and once in the fall.

Top Bottom