Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Bowhunters Association Spring Banquet

sheepman

Planning for this year's IBA spring banquet is well underway. You can find more info about this years banquet here: http://iowabowhunters.org/springbanquet.html or via the IBA Facebook page.

As the board continues to plan this years banquet, what are some things you would like to see?? Please provide any and all feedback so the board can make the banquet the best it can be!

A shuttle between the banquet and hotel.

There is hotel information on the IBA website on the Spring banquet page. Be sure to mention when you book your room that you will be needing the shuttle to and from the FFA Enrichment Center. The Courtyard has said they will offer a shuttle service.

Something in Willie Suchy's memory? I'd toss some $ into a memorial.

That's a nice idea. Perhaps donations could be made in his honor and the iba could then use the proceeds to award a partial college scholarship??

What about raffle, live/silent auction items??

Last year was the first time in awhile that I attended. I recall thinking that there could have been more half dozen/dozen arrows in the mix. I thought it should be somewhat easy to get sporting goods stores to contribute them, maybe I'm wrong. Also, I guess I'm not that loyal to any one brand/style, maybe others are.

Other items: mechanical release (always great to have a spare if it isn't your primary), lifelines for treestands, broadheads and any other archery related "consumable". I'm sure there were some of these items there last year, want to point out what I'd like to see rather than a "cruncher" or "nose jammer".:D

For those of us who have not been before, a run-down of what to expect would be great. I am blocking my calendar to attend, but didn't see times. Is this an all-day event or just the evening?

Until the board releases the agenda plan on most of the day. Then you will see how the IBA operates I think members would enjoy it. Some people only come for the banquet either way more in attendance means more money for the organization

In the past the day starts with the annual meeting. That was followed by a presentation and Q&A with the DNR. Then a seminar or two followed with a meet and greet with the banquet speaker. The silent auction stuff opens for bids around that time and the doors open for the banquet around 1700.

This is our first year at the FFA Center in Ankeny so some things are still up in the air. We still have a few wrinkles that we are ironing out.

Stay tuned, we will update the agenda soon.

Top Bottom