Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Deer Classic 2021

My take on the Classic this year, big wheeled trucks parked in the grass with Busch Latte cans on the ground... LOL, I was there for State Basketball.

I have a question for those that went. There was a booth with an umbrella like decoy. They had antelope, turkey, and elk. I didn’t get a chance to talk to them and wanted to look them up. Hopefully someone will remember there company name. Thanks

I have a question for those that went. There was a booth with an umbrella like decoy. They had antelope, turkey, and elk. I didn’t get a chance to talk to them and wanted to look them up. Hopefully someone will remember there company name. Thanks
I wasn't there but was it the killer gear brand? Been looking at them and ultimately predator gear for silhouette decoys.

Last edited:
If you google Iowa Deer Classic they have a list of venders maybe the list might ring a bell. They also have an interactive map so if you knew about hwere it was ypu hover over a booth and it tells you who was there.

Thanks to all the IW members who stopped by the IBA booth and said howdy and a special thank you to the folks that joined. One gentleman that joined was walking by and he stopped dead in his tracks. He turned to me and said "I didn't recognize you without your tinfoil hat" he is a new IBA member and I said I wouldn't share his IW name to protect his innocence.

I was there also.I also noticed the mounts didn't compare to the quality and the amount from 2000-2009.Iowa looks like it was much better for BIG BUCKS back then.

I think less deer get taken there each year because of the exposure. Lots have been burned and lost spots due the added exposure and ease of obtaining info.

This is exactly right. Your name and county is posted and its easy for people to go on from there. I shot a Booner this year and it didn’t even cross my mind to take it to the classic. I already had people trying to swoop into the property l shot it on 2 days after harvesting it. Which I’ve never understood that mentality because the chances of shooting another deer of that caliber on the same property is pretty slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t seem to see as many deer harvests on here also. Same reasoning as the Classic? Maybe, but I don’t see as many deer harvests passed around from guys at work from friends, relatives and so on. Seems to me the quantity of big deer harvested has decreased. No way of quantifying it, just a hunch.

Hey Hey,,,I watch a lot of youtube videos of Iowa's shotgun.Them drives they do,if its brown,its down,,,lol
Ha, grew up hunting that way. Not as much anymore, our group fell apart about 5 years ago. Lost a lot of permission due to more hunters. while it is a bit sad, I far more enjoy blind hunting and bow hunting now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom