Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Poaching Case

From the limited information in that article, I would say, wow I hope they move on to bigger issues. A euro mount triggered this?

They operate primarily through informants who provide many times low hanging fruit. The DNR snitch in my hood was an Amish teen. Lol. No kidding. Made 10% of the fine, he was livin large.

Everyone needs to understand a stat is a stat to govt agencies. These numbers drive budgeting, manpower allocation etc. Most of the time they care less about the worthiness of a case, just that it’s a successful prosecution and number. Period.

Don’t get me wrong there are some good investigators that do great work, but there are a bunch of bottom feeders who are encouraged to generate numbers.

The 101 case that takes 2 weeks is a stat, and the 2 year long complex case is the same stat when done. They want numbers

Last edited:
If I remember right, this guy’s son got caught poaching some bucks a couple years ago, including an absolute toad that he posted to Facebook. And if I’m remembering right again, some of the deer were stashed at his dads place.
This. The charges on the dad were basically just piled on cuz they had no idea which ones his son thermal'd/poached vs were legally taken

To my point. Don’t go for a 2 fer when it’s menial garbage. Apparently the deer weren’t stashed at dads place. Focus on the real violation.

Last edited:
I’ve been cutting the tag off and stapling it to the back of the mount since Iowa started the two tag system. With tag on the back board and the record on our personal DNR account on harvest date and confirmation # could help if questions arrive in the future.

I’ve been cutting the tag off and stapling it to the back of the mount since Iowa started the two tag system. With tag on the back board and the record on our personal DNR account on harvest date and confirmation # could help if questions arrive in the future.
There's a good idea. ^^ I always remove the tag because I don't like the look...I never thought of simply keeping the tag too. Duh. :)

Me too.

Top Bottom