Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Public Land Hunting Questions

IsThisHeaven?

I will be hunting public land for deer next fall. I have been reading about and scouting a few of the public lands areas in southern and southwestern Iowa. I am looking to talk to people who are familiar with public land hunting in these areas, whether you hunt them yourself, or you know what these public areas are like. If you hunt public land I am not looking for your honey hole or anything like that. What I would like to do is run my thoughts and strategies by you to get your impressions and hopefully any suggestions. My first issue is the terrain. I am not from this area so the terrain is new to me. I've read a lot about scouting these areas and how to scout, but I would like to make sure I'm on the right track. The second issue is I hunt with bow, muzzleloader, and shotgun. I understand I need to pick 2 seasons. I would also like to talk about hunting each of these seasons on some of the public areas. Please PM me if you are willing to talk to me about these issues. I really appreciate any assistance provided.

Matt

Shoot me a PM, Matt. I don't think you'll get many biters just posting this on the forum. Most of us are very protective of the public areas we hunt for fear of being over ran if we have any success.

Thanks

Thanks, PM sent. Not looking to take anybody's spot, just wanted to go over what I am seeing and how to hunt these areas.

Top Bottom