Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jackhammerd!!!

Blaster

PMA Member
Let me start off by saying this is one of the best hunts i have ever had. The way this hunt turned out is the way you would see it on tv. Thursday night my dad and i went down south to hunt with the guys. We decided to set up in a field were i had seen a lot of birds last year. We got all set up by 5:30am. By 6:30 we still had not heard a gobble and i was starting to get nervous. Then we seen a couple of hens. Finally i heard a gobble to the south, i looked and about 600 yards away i could see heads coming over the hill. These bird seen the pretty boy and were on a dead run. when they got within 200 yards i could see they were Jakes. We let them go but it was pretty cool watching them run in. At 7:15 we seen a tom with 3 hens strutting about 300 yards away but he was not leaving the hens that is when i noticed 4 birds standing on top of the hill from were the Jakes had come from. I got out the box call and let out some really loud yelps. This got there attention and i let pretty boy do the rest. What a show, these toms ran and fought each other the whole 600 yards across the field i was enjoying the show so much my dad had to remind me to put my release on. What happend next couldn't be more perfect! The bird came in at 10 yards from the blind in single file. I pulled back the Switchback and let the Jackhammer fly! Direct hit. When my arrow hit the bird the bird behind jumped over him and ran 20 yards and stopped. Dad shot and bird 2 was on the ground. My bird was 25lbs had two beards 9.5in and 3in with 1in spurs = 70pts. My dads was 23lbs with a 9in beard and 1in spurs.
446IMG_00250-med.JPG

446IMG_00200-med.JPG

446IMG_00260-med.JPG

Here are a couple more birds that guys in our group got.

446IMG_00290-med.JPG

446IMG_00310-med.JPG

[ QUOTE ]

"Blaster the Jackhammer Master"
grin.gif

Great job!
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't I wish! I think that's Limb your talking about!
grin.gif

Top Bottom