Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jan 10 @ 5:10

livetohunt

If you have read the dang muzzleloader thread and the thoughts on shot thread then you kind of know the back story to this deer. Friday night I went out to give it one last shot. I figured last day of the season can't hold anything back. I sat in my blind until 445 and had seen only two deer about 400 yards away. I decided to get out and still hunt my way through the property. I spotted about 7 does and this buck feeding about 400 yards away. I was able to sneak to about 250 very easily but knew I needed to get closer. I was behind my last bit of cover a small cedar tree. I army crawled to the top of the small knoll in the field and ranged him at 194 yards. I was in the prone position and waiting for my shot opportunity. I squeezed the trigger and saw the giant smoke cloud. I saw the field clear and the deer run into the timber, where I instantly heard two loud gurgling/snorting noises then silence. (Insert thoughts on shot thread). Went back Saturday morning and spotted him from 80 yards away. He only went about 70 yards from where I shot him and was 5 yards inside the timber. Double lung shot. I had walked ten yards from him the night.before, it was just so dark and foggy I.couldn't see him. It is the same buck from.the dang muzzleloader thread. I took it down to the wire on the last day last half hour, made my longest shot, and am very pleased with the.result.

Top Bottom