Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jeep Grand Cherokee, $800, HUNTING/FARM VEHICLE

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
PICS & LISTING:
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2352028251.html

$800. Farm/Hunting vehicle. Just click on above craislist ad. Info below too. 1997

Engine and Transmission are great! Excellent hunting vehicle or farm vehicle! Rough to look at but would make a good farm or hunting vehicle. 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4x4, 6 cylinder 4.0, 4x4 part & full time with low. CD player, pw/pl, etc. Needs a couple hours work on simple stuff, read below.
I used this for hunting around my farm and I'm only selling because I need to tow really large trailers now. I made sure this was super reliable because I can't have things breaking during hunting season. Last time I checked, AC worked fine BUT I always just had windows down & didn't really care or pay attention.
High Miles BUT tons of new parts and engine/tranny are in excellent shape. My buddy that is a mechanic made sure everything was in great order, checked up constantly with it. It's dirty BUT I did not abuse it mechanically and I made sure engine/tranny/brakes, 4x4, etc & all stuff to start & run it stayed in great order.
NEW IN LAST 18 months:
Tires - I spent like $350 on those- probably half or more left on tires I'm guessing.
Brakes- I spent around $250 on those last year.
Alternator, battery, serpentine belt- spent AROUND $200 total there.
Put a used hitch on it- $150
Radiator- $150 maybe???
Just in last 18 months I at least spent $1,100 on it just on parts, etc above.
My brother has owned this since it had a low amount of miles on it, mostly highway until coming to farm- did not abuse it though, drove it lightly. It has 237,000 miles on it BUT everything has been maintained, replaced, engine/tranny/brakes/4x4 are all excellent and taken care of. We all know the 4.0 6 cylinder in the Jeep will go forever & engine/tranny are very strong/healthy as well as 4x4 & brakes, etc. Dirty & silly stuff doesn't work and ain't pretty to look at BUT the fundamental mechanics are great.

Things that are great with it:
brakes
engine
4 WHEEL DRIVE, 4x4 works perfect!
tranny
engine
drive trane
electrical, starter, battery, etc
tires
Most basic things
etc, etc, etc.
Oil changed every 3,000 miles.

Things you COULD repair:
-I hit a deer with it 2 years ago, it took out plastic part of bumper and cosmetic part of grill- I replaced radiator- it just looks bad BUT has ZERO to do with its performance, I didn't care BUT you could get used stuff for a hundred bucks at junkyard if you really cared.
-It's a typical dirty vehicle with little things here and there that are worn BUT the mechanics are fine. Scratched up and little dents here and there- stuff I didn't care about.
-Crack on passenger side windshield BUT I guarantee you won't repair it cause it doesn't get in way of driver view.
-The fuel pump acts up when cold or when low on fuel, done this for years. Could replace for $150 part or just keep driving it.
-Drivers door, this is only thing I'd for sure fix... the latch that clicks door shut should be replaced... All a guy would have to do is: weld it up after taking it apart, securing it OR buying new part OR spend $100 at junk yard and get new door, any of those 3 should work. To get you going, I just use a screw driver to open the latch so door shuts properly.
-other than that, just stupid little stuff like tail gate lift things don't hold gate up real well when opening trunk or console being a little messed up- just dumb things you probably won't care about.
SO- for around $350 you could have this thing in almost perfect WORKING order BUT some of those things you probably won't care- like bumper, grill SO really for $250 this thing will be excellent, could even just use it the way it is. You'd have a really well working 4x4 for around a grand if you did this right. *Oh, and over 70 mph it shakes a touch because someone COULD balance one of the tires a little better- didn't bug me BUT spend 20-40 dollars and get it balanced or put on back if you really cared. This is for someone who wants a FARM or HUNTING vehicle that don't look good BUT is mechanically good and wants great 4 wheel drive. It's for someone who wants to spend about 2 hours repairing door and possibly couple other little things.

If a guy were to part this out, you could easily get a couple hundred for tires & rims, couple hundred for engine, couple hundred for tranny, doors, panels, transfer case, etc, etc and make a good deal of $. Located in Urbandale, IA. Priced to sell, $800, serious inquiries only.
515-745-2797, Skip

Keywords: jeep, cherokee, grand, 1997, 1998, 1999, 1996, 2000, limited, 4x4, 4 wheel drive, v-6, v6, straight 6, reliable, explorer, truck, gmc, chevy, gmc, chevrolet, ford, expedition

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom