Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

John's First

NWBuck

PMA Member
There are few things in hunting I enjoy more than helping a young person get their first deer. Our 2 daughters have both nannied for a great family in Waterloo while going to school at UNI. They've treated our kids like their own, and in the process, our two families have become very good friends. Hunting isn't something their family has really done in the past, so a couple of years ago I invited their youngest son John to come up and hang out with me in the blind during muzzleloader season. He seemed to really enjoy it, and at age 9, we decided this fall he might be ready to try for his own deer. His mom and sisters got up here late Friday night, and we spent most of Saturday morning at the shooting range making sure he was comfortable using Hunter's muzzleloader. He was very good out to 50 yards, so we decided that would be his limit this year. By 4:30 we were in the wagon blind looking over a bean plot, alfalfa field and standing corn. We'd had a couple of does come in and hang up just outside of comfortable range when this guy came out and stood 45 yards from us in the alfalfa. John made a great shot, the buck ran off carrying a front leg, and didn't make it 100 yards. Congrats John...hope to help you do it again sometime!!
upload_2018-9-23_15-58-20.png

NWBuck

Congratulations on your first deer! My first one was about that size and I remember that hunt more than any other hunt ive ever been on.

Nicely done and way to go with taking another kid out with you! Congrats to John!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom