Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Koba's first food plot

koba

I bought this 40 acre parcel on 9-3-94 12 years ago. Mostly woods but some junk grass that every year i had to mow along the creek. Finally I sprayed the junk grass at the end of April with Round-up. I waited a week and used a disc that i FOUND that only needed a Bolt! Hooked it up to a Quad and put my son to work!! then on the first week of May i waited for rain and spread out the 20 lbs of white clover with a hand held spreader. Towards the end of May it was doing GREAT!! But weeds always want to grow quick!!! so the first time we used a push mover and a weed whacker to whack the weeds. I used the weed wacker a few more times then Finally on August 5, i said we gotta do a complete Mow!!! That night after moving it RAINED hard, so timing is everything. i waited a week and was ready to do my FINAL spray of the Year!! This was a mixture of Select (to KILL the grasses) and Butyrac to KILL the WEEDS or Broadleaf's that exsisted!!! The ground is pretty moist and i even managed to get my Hunting truck stuck almost!! I forgot to tell you that i applied Lime in the form of small pellets through my spreader, along with fertilizer called triple twelve. The project cost about $400 icluding seed, lime, fertilizer etc. My neighbor Ken fixed the disc, lent me his sprayer, Then Steve used his Great new toy to do the Brush hogging. With out these simple acts of kindness i would still be out there!! Oh i forgot to mention my son Nikolai for his disking skills on the Quad!! I also missed a event at my daughters school the night i HAD to seed!! (Sorry Ally). And Uncle Jeff who who splurged and used his P.H.D. in Chemistry to mix the final Spray. Its August 11 and i think that i am DONE!!! I have a few trees where i can hang some stands and cant wait til October. If any one has any Q's feel free to ASK!! also thanks to D-tree with all the info he provided!! Good Luck to ALL!! KOBA

go to the iowa whitetail conference post about posting pics, it is really easy, I just learned. Did you upload your pics from your computer to iowawhitetail.com yet?

Here are Koba's Pictures!

3067CDY_0002-med.JPG

11922.jpg

11925.jpg

11924.jpg

11923.jpg

1192Foodplot_009-med.jpg

Top Bottom