Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kodiak Island

alaskanwhtail

Heres a goat I shot, I have taken a few dall sheep and them hunts are hard as it gets, Im in really good shape and it kicks your behind. This goat was easy compared to some of the sheep hunts I've been on. I took my father who is not in good shape and flew into a remote part of Kodiak Island, we flew over a bunch of goats and scouted a few spots to land. After a couple spots to land where there where goats in the area we landed. The lake was near Terror river. So that day we made camp and got prepped for the moring and went to bed. Early the next morning we brewed some tea and filled up all water bladders. I shoulda grabbed my bow cause I got right on top of this goat in its bed but dad said just take the rifle and we will do a scouting trip. SOOO I grabbed the rifle. we climbed to the nearest summit, about 3000 feet and took a long rest and put on some down gear cause now were gonna be slowy creeping the ridges with out being seen. Game on goats in sight but miles around through the glass. Dads knee and body were so bad he said I'm gonna be camp cook for the rest of the hunt, so know im thinking there aint gonna be any spike outs. as a few hours pass we spotted more goats but still miles away in untouchable areas. we crept around a corner and belly crawled to peek over a drop off and there was a 9 inch goat bedded. 50 yds below. so we backed off and discussed if I should end the hunt on the first day and with dad not gonna be a part of it for the remainder of this excursion being in camp I chose to harvest it. So I got dad behind the video and im looking through the cross hairs. Dad said im on him, Boom, he leaped and then stood up on the shelf below and boom again he rolled 400 yds and then slide another 300 yds in the snow coming to a rock outcropping where he finally rested. Its was a tough pack out with me carrying the entire goat boned out but worth the experience with my father.
2716-062.jpg

Congratulations. That is a hunt that is on my bucket list. With your father, even better.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Nice goat! I'd give anything to get up in your neck of the woods for a goat or a ram! I'd have done the same if my dad was with. Plug him and make the memory that much sweeter!:)

Top Bottom