Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kubota tractor pto issue….

Rous14

PMA Member
Thought I’d take a shot and see if anyone here owns a Kubota and might know of a solution for the issue I’m having w mine. L3800 bought new in 2013 only have like 300 hours on it. When I go to engage pto it grinds really bad so I have to crawl under tractor and adjust/tighten the pto cable. This remedies it for a few hours typically sometimes not even that long. Getting to the point where every time I use it I have this issue now. Incredibly frustrating. Going to call around to dealers today and Monday but thought I might have a chance of getting some advice here. Thanks.

Do you use the clutch to engage? I know it's supposed to be a live pto but I just read that you need to push in the clutch before engaging the pto.

Do you use the clutch to engage? I know it's supposed to be a live pto but I just read that you need to push in the clutch before engaging the pto.
Yes, always. I push the clutch pedal down, engage the pto lever next to the seat, and as I start to let the pedal out it grinds bad so I push pedal back down and disengage the pto. Crawl under unit and try to adjust cable. Other times even after I’ve adjusted the cable ill be mowing along and it’ll just slip and start to grind bad too. Maddening.

Sounds like a common problem with those tractors. If I were to guess I'd say your cable is probably the issue.

My PTO would not shut off on a L3600. Kubota dealer fixed if as a snap ring busted inside case, 2000.00. 5 hours later same thing. They fixed for free but happened again a year later. Figured they would not warrenty it so I left as is and PTO would not engage. 3 years later had a local retired JD mechanic tear into it seems Kubota knows there is a problem with these. Their upgrade would not fit even though it was supposed to so my mechanic put a both and washer on end of shaft instead of snap ring and so far so good. First time I ran it when under a load id would disengage. We adjusted cable and same thing happened. Now it is adjusted almost all the way out and it has stopped disengagement under a load/racheting sound.

Top Bottom