Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last Satuday Bird

ShedHunter1

Last Saturday morning I got a chance to get out after the turks again. Well the moon was lit like day and I heard just a few options but the were really sounding off at the otherside of our farm so back to the truck I walked. Just about to my truck a tom gobbles! I was like wow, hes close. I snuck in and sat and called a little. Nothin. A crow would kackle and he would gobble 3 times in a row. So I thought I will sneak attack him. It was about 7:30 so it was plenty light and I see him about 100 yds away fanned out up in the tree yet with 4 hens. I just sat now waiting for him to fly down. He would walk the limb gobbling and strutting. I would call a little but just to let him know I was there.
He did fly down and he walked the hill side right to me.
I took the safety off and at 62 yds I knocked him down.
Not a giant but a great bird for the second last day.
20pds 10inch beard 3/4inch spurs.
I did switch to the new Long Beard shells from Winchester and what a difference from my other shells.

picture.php

Those longbeard xr's are incredible rounds. I just switched this year. I patterned them before the season and was amazed at the consistency of the pattern. Congrats!!

Top Bottom