Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Latest trophy room addition

SaskGuy

I actually hung my 2010 muzz buck back around New yrs, thought I'd share it. Went with a wall pedestal, hard turn, I like it, not sure if I love it. Seems to take around from the neck girth I remember on him.
01310.jpg

00914.jpg

01410.jpg

I hate the thought of living any further north than Highway 30, but that is some inspiration right there.. Looks like a great mount to me. Love the rack color on that one..

It's good to have variety, I think it will grow on you. Looks like top notch taxidermy work too, very smooth mount. I hate seeing monster bucks on crappy taxidermy. There will be plenty at the classic next week.

Holy cow Kaare!? You've got some GIANTS! I was wondering, people rant and rave about IA and the midwest, but clearly you've done real good for yourself in the whitetail world. What do the other hunters in your area have for success? Are they shooting 180"+ bucks consistently? Or are you one of the more 'successful' guys when talking harvesting big bucks in your neck of the woods? You're post and bucks always impress me... amazing!

Are they shooting 180"+ bucks consistently? Or are you one of the more 'successful' guys when talking harvesting big bucks in your neck of the woods? !

There aren't many guys anywhere in the world that "consistently" kill 180" class deer! Regardless of where he lives, Kaare is IMO a great example of how knowledge, hard work, and preperation can pay off. Look at the year he had this year consistently passing on deer that most guys would kill for. That is what it takes if you want to have a wall like his. Congrats again Kaare. That is a truly impressive whitetail! :way:

Holy cow Kaare!? You've got some GIANTS! I was wondering, people rant and rave about IA and the midwest, but clearly you've done real good for yourself in the whitetail world. What do the other hunters in your area have for success? Are they shooting 180"+ bucks consistently? Or are you one of the more 'successful' guys when talking harvesting big bucks in your neck of the woods? You're post and bucks always impress me... amazing!

I could likely go on and on and on. I guess I could be honest and say that I have been one of the more successful guys in my area. Some others seem to have gotten a dandy, maybe 2 but I've been "lucky" a few more times. Realistically this is likely due to preparation and time spent.

I think most guys on this site would be surprised at how little time is put into whitetail hunting as a thought and an action here. It is a different mindset here fore sure and I guess I have reaped the rewards of making it a priority in my life. I do belierve that my house sits in an area that is as good as anywhere on planet earth to take a monster whitetail however access is easy to get, pressure is relatively nil compared to most places and deer often grow old here due to the habitat. There is no doubt in my mind that many people on this site could move in next door and be doing the same thing I am doing. Honestly, I'm glad that the people surrounding me aren't too worried about deer season until deer season. Definately no magic formula, time spent and great access opportunities.

Amazing room you have there! I would never leave it!
You would if you tired of tripping over farm toys and hockey stuff.

There aren't many guys anywhere in the world that "consistently" kill 180" class deer! Regardless of where he lives, Kaare is IMO a great example of how knowledge, hard work, and preperation can pay off.

Thanks for those kind words. I enjoy being able to share stuff on this site as realistically there really isn't anyone close to me in my life that gets what I put into this passion of mine. My parents couldn't tell the diff. b/w a 100" buck and a wr, my linlaws have no clue, my siblings could care less, my friends think I'm an idiot with an unhealthy obsession and a wall full of dead stuff, nothing more. The do not get "it". Everyone needs a passion, I'm glad to have somewhere I can share in mine b/c that place is definately not my "offline" life.

Thanks for those kind words. I enjoy being able to share stuff on this site as realistically there really isn't anyone close to me in my life that gets what I put into this passion of mine. My parents couldn't tell the diff. b/w a 100" buck and a wr, my linlaws have no clue, my siblings could care less, my friends think I'm an idiot with an unhealthy obsession and a wall full of dead stuff, nothing more. The do not get "it". Everyone needs a passion, I'm glad to have somewhere I can share in mine b/c that place is definately not my "offline" life.

Wow, thanks for being honest. I swear that quote could have been from me most days.... did make me laugh out loud though!

Top Bottom