Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Leasing out Tillable

Seems sort of complicated for something that also seems so simple. I feel dumb :). Right now I dont think I want to leave any standing crop, just want to rent out the tillable for a profit to help pay the bill for now. Seems multi-year lease seems to be the way to go, how many years is normal, 3, 5, 10? Any recommendations on a lawyer/office to help draft up a lease agreement?
3 to possibly 5 years for me. The hard part is trying to guess on rental rates for that far out. The ISU rental rates make it easy but depending on county they can be little flawed but always a good reference. I would also put in the lease contract no bailing of residue.

• Deleted by Elvis188
  • Reason: Duplicate
Show…
Probably lease out to tillable for 2022.

Upon doing a little bit of research it seems I have to have owned the property for 12 months before I could enroll anything into crp etc. I think I would like to get it into some different crp options. I have a lot to learn. Sort of tough to know what would be the best course of action. Need to get with the FSA/NRCS office and try to learn more about the process and how it all works and what my options are.

I’m my experience FSA tries to be competitive with rental rates. I have some in CRP and I rent some tillable. The only diff with crp is long term payment with no intrusion on your land. However that long term contract can go out of whack with rental rates over time. Keep in mind crp asks you to burn, cut, spray or til the acres every other year. It’s not a big deal.

I’m my experience FSA tries to be competitive with rental rates. I have some in CRP and I rent some tillable. The only diff with crp is long term payment with no intrusion on your land. However that long term contract can go out of whack with rental rates over time. Keep in mind crp asks you to burn, cut, spray or til the acres every other year. It’s not a big deal.

They should help with finding someone to do that ( i have no equipment) and help with the costs, from what I have read/heard talking with a couple people

Top Bottom