Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LEGISLATURE CONTACTS- CHIME IN PLEASE- LOOK....

When I send my email am I emailing everyone on this list? Or do I just need to find my legislator for where I live?

Sort of depends where it is in the process. In subcommittee, email the few on the subcommittee. Referred to NRC, the entire NRC for house or Senate. Up for full vote - your senator or representative is best.

When I send my email am I emailing everyone on this list? Or do I just need to find my legislator for where I live?
Agee with Rjack.
I’ll say this though- send it to everyone!!!!!! It’s to the point we can’t wait & it can’t hurt for all of them to hear from YOU!! They need to hear from everyone & fast!!!!

Above list is natural resource committee. So- it’s not EVERYONE but I’d call this one heck of a focused list!!! These are folks most involved with these issues.
Any of the “bad bills” IBA had mentioned there is 3 legislatures listed on those bills. Those 3 should hear from folks as well.

I know this is a bit to do but extremely worth it. If a guy wanted to dig to find the 3 people in every bill + the above list…. I’m guessing that’s ONE HOUR. Above list without that is maybe 20-30 mins. Which, let’s be real…. Is nothing vs what we spend time doing on what we love. On OTHER SIDE: it’s long enough that keeps most guys from doing it. So- if ur the dude spending 20 mins or an HOUR to do the thorough emailing - YOU made a difference. U did. Dudes emailing the above list with good emails- it’s HUGE value. I’ve talked to the legislatures this year & TODAY. Good ones are requesting we get lots more emailed in!!! That was TODAY!!!! We need more. Guys not on IW u know…. Send this to them. Have them write in on the below bad bills. Concise, respectful, unique/personal & bullet pointed. Remember - these legislatures do not hunt & most don’t know how surrounding states are ruined!!! Inform them! We need to get all these bills & threads to guys outside of here & make sure YOUR BUDDIES are writing in!!!!
See other threads. Text & email to ur buddies. Post this on social media. Spread the word & get action!!!! 6-7 bad bills!!! (Crossbow, multiple NR bills, outfitter tags, rifles for turkeys, etc). LEAVE IOWA’S REGS ALONE!!!!! 4 months+ deer season, 7 seasons, 6+ weapons, <8% timber. Access is killing residents as it sits right now!!!

Legislative Update

Week 6

Each piece of legislation is linked so that you can read the current legislation. Legislation in bold text is newly introduced legislation

With all three branches of government controlled by the Republican party, all legislation sponsored by a Republican legislator will move quickly. It’s imperative that you contact legislators. Always be polite and respectful.

At the bottom of this update, members of the House and Senate Natural Resources Committee are listed. These legislators need to hear from you.

SF277 – NR family member deer tags (O)

This bill creates a special deer hunting license available to certain nonresident family members. The bill allows a nonresident who is a family member of a resident to purchase a nonresident family member deer hunting license for a fee that is one-half the fee of a nonresident deer hunting license established by the Natural Resource Commission by rule. A nonresident may only use a nonresident family member hunting license while hunting with a resident who is a family member of the nonresident Sponsored by Sen. Klimesh - District 32 - Winneshiek Co. mike.klimesh@legis.iowa.gov

Subcommittee In person/Virtual Meeting *** 2/20/23 ***

Meeting Details: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/committees/meetings/subCommMeeting?meetingID=36594

Subcommittee Members to Contact ASAP:

Driscoll: dawn.driscoll@legis.iowa.gov

Trone Garriott: sarah.trone.garriott@legis.iowa.gov

Zumbach: dan.zumbach@legis.iowa.gov

HF322 – Transferable deer tags to landowners (O)

Two free tags to landowner, then they may sell to highest bidder

Sponsored by Rep. Hora - District 92 - Washington Co. heather.hora@legis.iowa.gov

SF255 – Nonresident deer tags to outfitters – (O)

Sponsored by Sen. Green (Boone) jesse.green@legis.iowa.gov

The bill requires the Natural Resources Committee to reserve 500 of the nonresident antlered or any sex deer hunting licenses for nonresidents who have made a reservation with an outfitter, as defined in the bill, that is currently registered as a business entity with the secretary of state and has maintained registration since prior to July 1, 2022. Referred to Natural Resources

SF138 - Airbows (O) - This bill provides that an airbow is a legal method of take during any deer hunting season in which any firearm is a legal method of take.

Approved by subcommittee with an amendment

SF208 – (formerly SF175) Second Chance Bow Tags (O) - This bill allows a person who was unsuccessful in taking a deer during a bow season while using a bow season deer hunting license, to use the license and unfilled tag during the late muzzleloader season or the January antlerless deer hunting season that follows the bow season for which the license and tag were valid. A person hunting pursuant to the bill is authorized to hunt using a crossbow during the January antlerless deer hunting season.

On Senate debate calendar

SF42 - Increases nonresident tag quota from 6,000 to 7,500 (O)

Sponsored by Sen. Klimesh (District 32) mike.klimesh@legis.iowa.gov

The bill increases the number of nonresidents any sex deer tags from the current 6,000 to 7,500. The bill requires NRC to use a random draw process that is weighted to favor applicants with the most preference points to assign nonresident antlered or any sex deer hunting licenses until all available nonresident antlered or any sex deer hunting licenses have been issued. The bill also provides that when a nonresident uses the antlerless deer only deer hunting license and tag that the nonresident is required to purchase with an antlered or any sex deer hunting license to take an antlerless deer in a zone that is above the population goal determined by NRC, then NRC will assign one preference point to the nonresident.

Subcommittee: Driscoll, Bennett and Rozenboom

Legend:

HF - House File HSB - House Study Bill SF - Senate File SSB - Senate Study Bill

(O) – Oppose

(S) – Support

(M)- Monitoring; watching the bill closely for any changes that may occur

(NR)- Not registered; our lobbyist has not declared our position

HELP STOP SF208
Senate Natural Resource Committee Members

These are above in thread with email addresses…

Annette Sweeney (R, District 27), Chair
Tom Shipley (R, District 9), Vice Chair
Izaah Knox (D, District 17), Ranking Member
Liz Bennett (D, District 39)
Claire Celsi (D, District 16)
Chris Cournoyer (R, District 35)
Rocky De Witt (R, District 1)
Dawn Driscoll (R, District 46)
Lynn Evans (R, District 3)
Jesse Green (R, District 24)
Ken Rozenboom (R, District 19)
Sarah Trone Garriott (D, District 14)