Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lifetime License question?

MN2IAGuy

Anyone know if a guy buys a resident lifetime small game/ habitat license and then retires to Florida and no longer qualifies as a resident, does he lose this lifetime license?:confused:

Anyone know if a guy buys a resident lifetime small game/ habitat license and then retires to Florida and no longer qualifies as a resident, does he lose this lifetime license?:confused:

Yes. By Iowa law, they do not recognize "dual residency".

I've never looked into Iowa but I was born in Nebraska and have a lifetime Small Game License from there and can still hunt on it even though I live in Iowa. I still have to buy the habitat stamp each year. However, for any big game or Turkey I still have to apply for or purchase non-resident licenses. Guess I'm not much help.

I've never looked into Iowa but I was born in Nebraska and have a lifetime Small Game License from there and can still hunt on it even though I live in Iowa. I still have to buy the habitat stamp each year. However, for any big game or Turkey I still have to apply for or purchase non-resident licenses. Guess I'm not much help.

That's the same as it is in Arizona. If I purchase a lifetime combo license, I can still use it for small game and fishing if I move out of state. I will have to pay NR fees for big game tags if I move, but I won't have to buy a NR hunting license every year. Granted that is Arizona's program and not Iowa's, but I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't recognize it (AZ doesn't recognize dual residency, either).

Not sure but I think its good for life no matter where you live. You just
can't buy turkey or deer tags if you live out of State.

In Utah if you buy it, you get it for your lifetime regardless of where you live. Utah no longer sells them though-glad I got mine years ago!

Top Bottom