Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lighted Nocks???

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Any body use Lumanocks or any other lighted nocks.

I have been debating about buying some and trying them for next year's hunting season. Im not a big fan of shooting at the last min. of light but I have done it. I was thinking it would be nice for helping finding the arrow after the shot.
I was also wondering about the added weight on the tail of arrow and if you had to compensate for it some how?
let me know your experiences.

I shoot lumenoks and love them. I thought I lost an arrow saturday but after dark we went back and found the arrow with the lumenok glowing about 7 foot up in a tree. I was shooting at a buck from a Double Bull Blind and I must have hit a branch and deflected the arrow. Without the lumenok we would have never found it. I would have never thought to look up in the tree. They work and work good.

Shot a doe last night on camera with lumenoks. They rock!!! Helps a lot to see exactly where your arrow hit and really helps to find your arrow.

I have used them with great results. A lot of guys make them with lighted fishing bobbers like this with great results at a fraction of the cost.
thill20lightsqm9.jpg

I have used the lumenoks with good results.Low light or not they help you see your actual impact so you can proceed accordingly with the tracking job.On a side note i started using the tekan 2 with the extra cut blades and have had 3 does expire within sight,20-60 yards after impact.Not the greatest blood trail but devastating results.Did i mention that all 3 were killed with the same head and blades which were resharpened better than original.Lumenoks are now alot more shaft specific for a better (tigher) fit and are brighter for the 2006. I cant tell a difference in arrow flight out to 70 yards when tuning my tekans. Try them,you will like what you see!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I have used them with great results. A lot of guys make them with lighted fishing bobbers like this with great results at a fraction of the cost.
thill20lightsqm9.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda similar to how I make my own..work great once I tinkered around with them all summer! I've shot 3 deer with them and perfect!! Really helps tell the location of the hit!

I would like to try them, but there's a question as to the legality of them here in Kansas. There has been a discussion about it at KBA's forum and right now the consensus is that they are illegal in KS. They really need to get a clarification in our regs. on them.
frown.gif

KAR 115-4-4(1) (D) States No bow shall have any electronic or chemical device attatched to the bow or arrow, with the exception of lighted pin, dot, or holographic sights.

The discussion has been whether or not lighted nocks fall under "electronic device" part of the regulations. Right now it seems that they do. It sounds like there will be a clarification in the rules next year and they will be legal.

Matt

I bought three last year to try with some carbon express arrows. They worked when I practiced. When I took them hunting, I lost 2 arrows and the 3rd just quit working.

I killed a big tom turkey this spring on video with the Lumenock and let me tell you it is awesome watching it in slow motion. They don't seem to change my arrow flight at all. Give them a try!

what the heck is thill light and where do i get them at and wuts the cost difference from just goin out and buying lumnocks

They are a lighted fishing bobber. I have heard that wallyworld sells them. Probably tough to find there this time of the year. Try bass pro.

I switched to the lumenoks on my Axis arrows. Great for low-light. There is 13 grains difference between the x-nocks and the lumenoks, no arrow flight variance out to 45 yds in my case.

Only problem I've had is they can be a real pain sometimes to 'turn off'. Also, I have one that is much brighter than the other two...maybe the batteries were low to begin with???

Gives great feedback with arrow flight as well.

I've had mixed success w/ lumenock. When they worked they were great.

I also had mixed success with the Lumnock. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt. The homemade ones I have used always work, they are just more of pain. I will have to try the design HCH posted, that looks like the ticket.
Thill lights (you only need the replacemtn battery) are $2.50, Lumnocks are $10.

Top Bottom