Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Livescope in a kayak

Handcannon

Garmin Livescope...I'm looking for a transducer arm that will let me turn the transducer like an ice fishing transducer pole. I refuse to paddle in circles all day. Any input???

I have done some research on this subject, as I intend to buy such a device myself this year. The transducers are commonly mounted on the trolling motors for regular boats, but I also do not want to have to turn the boat so as to "see" off to the sides. But I have no direct experience with this at this time, so factor my comments accordingly. :)

I have watched a couple/three Youtube videos where guys made their own such device out of standard materials like PVC and so forth. They operate these manually by simply turning a "handle" in the boat which turns the transducer below independent of the direction of the boat. Look on Youtube, you will find some examples. Good luck.

I have done some research on this subject, as I intend to buy such a device myself this year. The transducers are commonly mounted on the trolling motors for regular boats, but I also do not want to have to turn the boat so as to "see" off to the sides. But I have no direct experience with this at this time, so factor my comments accordingly. :)

I have watched a couple/three Youtube videos where guys made their own such device out of standard materials like PVC and so forth. They operate these manually by simply turning a "handle" in the boat which turns the transducer below independent of the direction of the boat. Look on Youtube, you will find some examples. Good luck.
That's where I'm at too. Watched a ton of videos. I have 1 in mind, bought some materials & will do my best to not make it an awful contraption. I just want it simple & clean. Easy on & off.

You could use the ice fishing pole and just add a u-bracket to hold it to the side of the kayak next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom