Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locked Mulie & Whitetail

Rudd

Life Member
A buddy sent this to me this morning.....not sure if anyone has seen it or not. Dont kill the messenger on this one.
426caped_lock_bucks_2.jpg
426wally_s_lock_buck_2.jpg
426caped_lock_bucks.jpg

If you don't mind telling, what state were these from?

the story is kind of vague.....but the pics came from someone in Ohio.....not a lot of mullies there I know.........confused?.....I am.

It looks like two whitetails to me. I cant see any mule deer characteristics on either head???If one of them is a mule deer I cant see it.
confused.gif

Ohio? Mullie? I have a very dominate characteristic for split G2's in my area on whitetail bucks. Both shotgun deer this year had splits and the head mounts in the house all have split G2's. How do we know it was a Mullie?

I can't tell by the picture.
confused.gif

That's what I meant about don't kill the messenger.....The email title was "Locked up Mullie and Whitetail" Take it for what it is (or isn't)......I just thought it was something worth a looksie.
grin.gif

i got the same pics in a forward from sddeerhunter (i think) a week or so ago. story i heard was that the mulie was dead and the hunter shot the whitetail. both are booners. i think that there's one of each and i don't think they came from ohio. i can't remember what the email said. oh well, the truth is probably buried beneath how many feet of BS anyway.

Hard to tell, but the one right side up in the pics on the left does have some mullie looking traits. The short brow tines and the forked g2 and the front on the left looks like it tries to make another fork. Very hard to tell though.

The way pictures are sent through email nowdays won't give any clue as to where the deer or pics are from. I do know this. Seen Dave Boland last Saterday and he was going to measure a locked mulie/whitetail that day. Found by a Minnesota hunter while hunting in Colorado. Don't know if these are the ones or not. Can't be to many around. Think I've only heard of maybe 2/3 my whole life.

Well i dunno if this makes a difference but the hunter in the photo has a bow in his hands so he was bowhunting out somewhere and im guessing somewhere out west if it was and is a mulie. Sweet photos though...but still a bummer those 2 had to go the way they did, they could have gone to an arrow or slug from me and been hanging over the T.V. in the family room right now
grin.gif

huntn4life88
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

My apoligies Rudd for putting you in the hot seat on this one.
My curiosity usually only puts me there.

No apologies needed......been there before. If it where Muddy that posted it they'd be linching him about now.

Top Bottom