Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Locker Question

cybball

I'm going to drop off a deer for very basic processing. Just skinning/boning out of the meat. The deer is frozen solid and I have a worst head/chest cold ever. Don't want to sound wimpy, as I'm sure I do. Any suggestions in central iowa? I don't need special cuts, or really anything ground for that matter. Redfield wants $80 for it. Just sounded pricy considering it's just hanging to thaw some, skinning, and boning. I normally do everything myself, but just feel like dropping this one off.
Thanks!
Jason

A case of beer isn't a bad price. :drink2: On the other hand, depending on where you are, a body can burn up $80 in gas pretty quick to drop off & pick up. Something to be said for close...

If Traer was close, I would buy you 2 cases. Trust me, I hate having to do this. I just feel like crap and have enough Alkaselzer in me that my head is spinning. I'd probably saw my own hand off and not feel it. I may just eat the $80 and have them do it.

Sounds right. I called another one and they wanted $100. Redfield it is. I just haven't taken a deer in for years, so I had no clue.

Yikes, around me they are all $70-$80. Usually take a few in a year depending on what else is going on when he get them. Like to cut them up ourselves, just don't always have the time.

This is why I started to do my own years ago. Just like to know how they are handled and the cost started to get way up there. I enjoy doing it too. Just not a frozen deer with this rotten cold. I need to shake this so I can get back out next weekend and help the group push. I have a doe tag burning a hole in my pocket too. :)

I do our own deer in our group. Considering its all family and a few friends I charge like 20-25 a deer. Depending on how generous they feel.
Try getting ahold of a friend or family member that is close to you to come and do it.

Takes me back to when I shot my first deer in MI. A buck with a shotgun. Only a bee-bee for a sight. It was a full choke bird set-up. I didn't know any better. Anyhow,, my Dad and I took it to a locker. Was $10 to have it processed! They threw it up on a pile of other smelly carcasses. After seeing that, I said,,"I am going to do this myself in the future". And I did,,,each of the 130 deer over future yrs. Man,,100$!

It's at Redfield. I think they will do a fine job, but seeing a semi-trailer loaded with dirty deer and mine being thrown in there just made me remember why I do my own. Oh well. They guy taking the order was nice and the guys in back were too. Cut off my buck's head for me with a smile. Maybe it was a smile. This cold medicine I'm on is making me goofy.

Top Bottom