Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a good Trail cam!

BowHunter89

Looking to buy a good new trail cam! What some good one out there? Looking for an IR and good battery life. Any suggestions will help!

I just bought the M880 last week and went and checked it today...the pics are so much better than the Covert MP-E5 that i also have...Scheels has them for 129.99...i will be purchasing more of this model this year..recommend it as well

How much are you trying to spend? The new Moultrie 990i, Moultrie pano 150, bushnell trophy cam, covert mp6, and the covert red 40 are all solid choices. The Moultrie pano 150 was camera of the year in 2013. What kind of options are you looking for? Black flash, IR, Whiteflash? Video? Time lapse? Price range? There are a lot of variables involved in purchasing a new trail camera. Give us some specifics so we can give some more reccomendations.

I am using the moultrie 990 and really like it. Great pics and battery life.
chasingame.com has good camera reviews if you are looking at a specific one and want to read reviews on it.

reconyx hyper fire HC 500. With lithium ion batteries it takes about 40,000 pic before they need to be replaced. That's according to the manual. I'm on my third season with the same batteries. Works great and takes great pics. Expensive and worth it!

I'm looking to spend about $150 no more. I would like an IR with good battery life. I have some old trail cams that don't work very good. I'm new to all the trail cams. I want something good dependable for a reasonable price. I have gift cards to bass pro and scheels so I would like to go there if that's an option!

How much are you trying to spend? The new Moultrie 990i, Moultrie pano 150, bushnell trophy cam, covert mp6, and the covert red 40 are all solid choices. The Moultrie pano 150 was camera of the year in 2013. What kind of options are you looking for? Black flash, IR, Whiteflash? Video? Time lapse? Price range? There are a lot of variables involved in purchasing a new trail camera. Give us some specifics so we can give some more reccomendations.
I'm looking to spend about $150 no more. I would like an IR with good battery life. I have some old trail cams that don't work very good. I'm new to all the trail cams. I want something good dependable for a reasonable price. I have gift cards to bass pro and scheels so I would like to go there if that's an option!

Moultrie m-990i...just got 5 of them, and you can find them for about $150-$170.

Trail cam pro has great reviews. I'd listen to those reviews vs. anything from the big box stores.

Last edited:
Gotta go with the covert mp6 or the red 40. mp6 a little cheaper then the red 40 i believe but the red 40 might just take a little bit better quality pic. both good in my opinion. Good batter life too. started using them this year, still got them out.

Check out Natchezss.com they seem to have some pretty good prices on trail cameras. That's where I buy all my Bushnell Trophy cams.

I got a Cabela's outfitter series trail cam last spring and it's by far the best one I've used. Pics are great and it's easy to use. I would get a couple thousand pics a week and the batterys powered it for two months and still had 1/3 life left. Very nice to go with black IR too. Just my .02

reconyx hyper fire HC 500. With lithium ion batteries it takes about 40,000 pic before they need to be replaced. That's according to the manual. I'm on my third season with the same batteries. Works great and takes great pics. Expensive and worth it!

Agree with this post. There are cameras that take better pics but I know you will not miss anything. I set up my cuddeback next to my reconyx. In a couple of days it 300 and some pics. The cuddeback took under 20. The batteries do last forever.

Top Bottom